All reviews the room service menu room upgrade luxury hotel beautiful hotel sea view detox bathrobes programme loungers reception euros
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Visited hotel for a friend who wanted a week of detox & weight loss! The quality of the hotel is a 5* star and the regular room was spacious and good quality furnishing and linen. Safe and manager very helpful.
We decided to use the offer of a half day spa (use of all facilities)with a 50min massage and a lunch for €150 per person. Use of the sauna, steam bath and wonderful Ice cave - nice to have it to ourselves. Pool area large and relaxing with warm pool with lots of different jets. two rooms to relax afterwards - one with lights that change with sift tones. The other with Salt brick walls and there you breath in the salt air. Then a lovely relaxing massage. Escorted in our bathrobes to the restaurant in the hotel where we had lunch on the patio over looking the sea. A welcome drink of mixed fruits (no alcohol) and a menu of 1.300 calories, 3 course meal - no sugar, no cream, no salt or butter it was amazingly delicious. We were not disappointed. Very relaxing.
Would recommend this hotel if you want to loose weight and relax and can afford the prices for a week of peace and quite.

Room Tip: Garden rooms that we visited didn't have a sea view, but nice size and good quality furnishings. First floor suite had a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank pamrob
wsandraweiss, Public Relations Manager at Healthouse Las Dunas Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear pamrob,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of your stay at Healthouse Las Dunas*****GL Health & Beach Spa.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the facilities in our health hotel. Especially we like to thank you for your plaudit for our Pure Bliss half day Spa package. It pleases us that you were contented with the salt cave, ice cave and the pool area of the Naturhouse Spa. Thank you indeed for sharing your review with other guests who are thinking about a healthy stay at the Costa del Sol to relax.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again.
Warm regards from the Healthouse Team

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Our trip to this place was in the beginning of May, so the season just started. We were among very few guests and of course had a lot of attention from the staff.

What was impressive is the size of the property and spa facilities that are located nearby on the same territory but in a separate building. Therefore you can have access even if you are not a resident of Health House.

Important to know:
- Adults only.
- It is a Health house with no alcohol in the restaurant.
- There is no fast-food and all food is portioned and calorie counted.
- Lots of spa and massage programmes along with health checks.
- Staff is very friendly.
- Egyptian cotton linen - OMG I slept like a baby.....so comfy.
- Complimentary choice of amenities for the face and body (all hand made in house).
- Beach front house (but not really a super great beach).
- Indoor and outdoor pools.
- Few programmes: detox, weight-loss, anti-aging, anti-tobaco and anti-stress programs.
- Gym and pilates classes.

All food is delicious and healthy cooked. Impressed how tasty can be food with NO sugar. But some people will be impressed how to survive with such a menu every day....
So, I would suggest to better understand the place before booking it. As if you like eating fast food and 3 plates per meal, it might be very frustrating to see home made yogurt and home made no sugar jam for breakfast with a glass of water and green tea...

To remember:
- NO pool bar.
- NO buffet.
- NO sugar.
- NO salt.
- NO alcohol.
- NO flour.
- NO fast food or dished which are high in fat levels.

If your are ready for a change, go for it.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ELizaveta_23

Dear ELizaveta_23,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the facilities in our health hotel. Especially we like to thank you for your plaudit for our lovely and professional staff - I shared your kind words already with them. It pleases us that you were contented with the rooms, the Egyptian cotton linen, the eco-friendly amenities our gastronomy and the service you enjoyed during your stay even if in some points we are strict healthy and do not offer the usual industrial or "normal prepared" food. Thank you indeed for sharing your review with other guests who are thinking about a healthy stay at the Costa del Sol.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again.
Warm regards from the Healthouse Team

Reviewed 22 September 2015

Healthouse is a stunning hotel, with a few buts….

This is a little corner of paradise, with lush green gardens overlooking a beautiful swimming pool and beyond that the Mediterranean towards North Africa and Gibraltar. The staff are friendly, and the initial welcoming by Donota was as good as anyone could ever want; warm greetings by name, healthy drink, shampoo/conditioner menu. The room we were showed to was beautiful; spacious, with a 4 poster bed, but I was terribly disappointed that the promised ‘sea view’, as advertised by Secret Escapes, could only be realised if you leant out the balcony……! It turns out the photo advertised on the Secret Escapes website was taken from a suite, which was not part of the deal. To declare the offer included a ‘sea room view’ underneath a photo of an incredible room directly overlooking the sea is deceptive. In fact only a couple of the standard rooms have a genuine sea view. The hotel staff kindly changed us to room 303, which was a smaller standard room with 2 single beds, but the view was breathtaking. Although not as luxurious as the garden view room, it was still lovely, with comfortable beds and soft sumptuous sheets. The view and sound of the waves made the change well worth it, especially for a couple of room service dinners we had on the balcony. Paradise!

The food was generally lovely, but very expensive with no choice whatsoever in the restaurant - one menu, with no opportunity to change to another menu on one of the food programmes. Each main meal costs 80Euros excluding coffee. We had 1 dinner and 3 lunches, and when I declined the beetroot dessert (who wouldn’t?!) and when we both hated the raw scallops, the kind friendly waiter Migiuel brought us alternatives. So, don’t be too concerned about the lack of choice. There is far more choice on the room service menu, which although works out cheaper is still costly. Breakfast was a meagre affair, which in itself was an education. For someone like me who loves fresh fruit and toast for breakfast, to have a singe turkey ham slice or cheese, small pot of tomato relish, 2 small pieces of toast, 2 sweet biscuits and jam, was not ideal, but at least there was really good coffee. I suspect most Brits struggle with this enforced ham/cheese brekkie. It’s just not British!

The spa is the loveliest I have ever used, and the treatments wonderful. We also loved the caged loungers in the gardens; enough to bring out the teenager in anyone!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, but understand that this place will cost you an arm and a leg all round, there’s no food choice in the restaurant, and you’ll be unlikely to get a genuine sea view unless you upgrade - or request room 303! Don’t be deceived by Secret Escapes like we were.

If you’re lucky enough to be able to afford a 2 week weight loss/detox/destress programme, the experience here would restorative, worthwhile and effective, as long as you decline the dodgy and harmful yoga (trust me on this….).

For excursions, it’s easy to get to Gibraltar by bus (the fast bus from Estepona takes 3/4 hour), and the lovely marina at Puerta Buenas is 20-30 minutes by bus leaving from the stop a few minutes walk from the hotel.

Finally, to get there, the two best alternatives are to get a fast bus to Estepona, then a 10minute taxi drive to the hotel. The buses leave the airport at 11.30am and 630pm. More frequent buses go to Marbella, which is about 3/4 hour away by taxi. Or, pre-arrange a taxi on line - not through the hotel, as this will cost 3 x the price.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: 303 is a standard room with breathtaking views, although not as luxurious not spacious as some other standard rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JosieJosieJo
wsandraweiss, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Healthouse Las Dunas Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear guest,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your stay and also for your time to review Healthouse Las Dunas*****GL Health & Beach Spa on tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed our "little corner of paradise", the lush green gardens overlooking the beautiful swimming pool and enjoying the unique view to Gibraltar and Africa.
Thank you as well for mentioning our lovely and friendly team - we will share your positive comment regarding your experience with them. Additionally we are very proud to have such a profesional and heartily team at our luxury health center.

Our apple caged loungers in the gardens near the pool area are very requested and we are happy that you could fully enjoy them during your stay.

Healthouse is a health center specialized in nutrition & weight-loss and as well in healthy gourmet food & menues. As you mentioned, we do offer a seperate room-service menú for those who like to eat healthy but who don´t prefer the 4-course menue at the restaurant or cosy terrace. Our room service menu includs a variety of healthy dishes like Romagna Piadina with Cottage Cheese, Local Tomatoes and Rocket Salat or for example Healthouse Wagyu Hamburger with Purple Potatoes or starters like Roasted Tomato Gaspacho with Micro Herbs from our Garden or in Beetroot marinated Salmon served with Yoghurt Cream.

The menus at the restaurant we offer for lunch and dinner are seperated in menus for our detox programs, weight-loss programs, anti-aging programs, anti-tobaco programs and anti-stress programs. The menú we offer to external guests as well as for inhouse guests who didn´t book a program is a healthy 4-course-menu, created by our chef Tim van Buchem and his team, supervised by 2 star Michelin chef Andoni Luis Aduriz. The menus are gourmet dishes and healthy food art creations which we change every day to créate every day a new and special experience for our beloved guests. The costs of 80 € per menue is regarding the value a very balanced charge including wáter.

The breakfast is not British - that´s right but we thank you for mention this, because it would be maybe a good idea to includ from each country a little ingredient.

At Healthouse we do offer 6 different room categories: Deluxe Rooms with garden or sea view, Junior Suite with garden or sea view, Suites and a Royale Suite. Your have received from our side a room change to a Deluxe room with a better sea view - we do not dispose of Standard rooms. The room 303 has the same size ( 42 sqm ) like the 212 which you had before. Just the divsion is another - we are very sorry that you felt you´ve got a smaller room. The picture on Secret Escapes is although showing a Deluxe room but at another corner of Healthouse. Our resort is built like a "U".

Nevertheless we are happy you´ve mentioned our comfortable beds and soft sumptuous sheets which are 320 thread count sheets of 100 % Egyptian cotton carefully selected for our beloved guests to sleep well, relax and to feel like beeing at a "home from home".

It´s a pity that you could not participate at our YOGA lesson by a really profesional teacher, because maybe we could have convinced you from the healthy benefits of Yoga like the anti-aging effect, mind & body balancing, strengthen the muscles, improving the breathing and a lot more.

We warmly invite you to participate during your next stay in one of our YOGA clases to convince you of the numerous pros for this kind of activity.

We hope to welcome you soon again and thank you for your honest and helpful review.

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Before booking my trip I did a lot of research to find recent reviews on this what seems like a too good to be true, affordable 5 star healthy spa break in the sun. When I could not find out any information from other visitors I decided to take the word of Expedia and the hotel website. Upon arrival for my week's stay it appeared to tick all the boxes for me. Adults only, luxurious spacious room with beautiful linens and hand picked products for the face and body, all complimentary. No alcohol except in the privacy of your room, luxurious sun loungers, exquisite peaceful view and sound of the ocean and the tranquility I have dreamed on the Costa Del Sol for a very long time. I booked on a bed and breakfast basis on Expedia an option I was offered instead of room only. It didn't take very long to get the feeling that although I was in paradise something was just not right. The day I arrived I was told there was a snack bar on the beach or a supermarket close by to buy food. When I asked about having lunch on the property I was directed to the terrace restaurant. The lunch provided was a four course strictly calorie controlled part of a daily calorie controlled regime costing €80 per person just for the lunch. As I was not here to take part in this regime I ate the lunch but decided in future I would just get bar service, room service or eat out. I had no idea this would be the only option on the property outside of a limited room service menu. I was not particularly bothered because I'd only booked Bed and Breakfast, that was until the following day when a strict calorie controlled breakfast arrived, part of the daily regime I hadn't signed up for. I ate it and then began to relax in the sun but within an hour I was starving so I called the pool service waitress over to ask for the menu to discover the only options available were Naturhouse food supplement drinks, herb teas and different waters. It is now day 5 of my holiday and I have been confined to my room with room service which is not extensive but available and the breakfast I paid for is all I am allowed to eat outside of my room. As a life coach with a healthy lifestyle even I am not able to survive on this food plan. My advice before you book this hotel is you must accept the food regime option and the Naturhouse supplements, expect to pay handsomely for it and don't waste your money on adding breakfast if you are not planning on having the other calorie controlled meals.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
14  Thank stylishchick
wsandraweiss, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Healthouse Las Dunas Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Dear guest,

thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your stay and also for your time to review our Healthouse Las Dunas*****GL Health & Beach Spa on tripadvisor.

We are glad o read that you enjoyed our facilities like our spacious rooms, our beautiful personal care with 320 thread count sheets of 100 % Egyptian cotton, the complimentary amenities for the face and body, the luxury sun loungers and the peaceful view including the sound of the ocean so that Healthouse is situated on the beach front.
The menus we offer for lunch and dinner are seperated in menus for our detox programs, weight-loss programs, anti-aging programs, anti-tobaco programs and anti-stress programs. The menú we offer to external guests as well as for inhouse guests who didn´t book a program is a healthy 4-course-menu, created by our chef Tim van Buchem and his team, supervised by 2 star Michelin chef Andoni Luis Aduriz. The menus are gourmet dished and healthy food art creations which we change every day to créate every day a new and special experience for our beloved guests.
The menu for external guests and guests without a special program are not strictly calorie controlled like the menus for our patients and program-guests.
Our room service menu includs a variety of healthy dishes like Romagna Piadina with Cottage Cheese, Local Tomatoes and Rocket Salat or for example Healthouse Wagyu Hamburger with Purple Potatoes or starters like Roasted Tomato Gaspacho with Micro Herbs from our Garden or in Beetroot marinated Salmon served with Yoghurt Cream. Our room service card is made for enjoying the dished on your terrace or deluxe room or Suite because our guests with a special program should follow their new eating habits learned in the Healthouse cooking clases from our chef in the restaurant. Sowith we offer special dishes apart from the menu as room service.

We are very sorry that you found our room service card with 10 different starters, 6 different main courses and 5 deserts too limited.
The breakfast included in your reservation is a healthy breakfast which is not part of a diet but healthy. We offer as well the option of booking a breakfast upgrade for an Energy or Healthy breakfast served in your room with additional ingredients.
So that we are a health center and not a classic hotel, specialized in nutrition - we are not offering a buffet, a pool bar, alcohol, sugar, salt, flour or dished which are high in fat levels for obvious reasons and to respect the needs of our patients and guests who are with us to change their habits and to make their lifes healthier and sowith happier.

It was a pleasure to receive you as our guests and we hope to receive you another time, maybe with a full program where 5 meals per day are included ( breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner ) to convince you of our philosophy and the Naturhouse method.

Best regards from Estepona,

Reviewed 3 October 2014

Las Dunas is fantastic hotel with excellent new conception - now it is wonderful healthouse with individual service, fantastic SPA and health programs, very nice localization - I recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
14  Thank KingaJenny
Sandra H, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Healthouse Las Dunas Beach Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2014

Dear Kinga Jenny,

Thank you very much for your review and for your stay with us at Healthouse Las Dunas*****GL.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent healthy holidays at our luxury 5-star health center and that especially the concept with our different weight-loss programs ensured you a special experience. Furthermore we are glad to hear that we also convinced you with our individual service & 3000 sqm Naturhouse Spa.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Thank you again for taking your time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor - community.

We hope to see you soon again in our little peaceful oasis at the Costa del Sol!

Best wishes from the Healthouse Team,