“STAY AWAY from this place. Don't even think to enter if you don't want to get SCAMMED”
Review of El Novillo Precoz

El Novillo Precoz
Ranked #552 of 1,044 Restaurants in Cordoba
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Me and my girlfriend had the unlucky idea to "eat" here one evening the past week and was a surreal situation.
Outside of the restaurant there is always a waitress trying to push people inside and we were so stupid to enter without reading beforehand the TripAdvisor reviews.
Our situation was very simple, we entered at 22:00 but we had lunch very late at 17:00 (Spanish style) so we were pretty full and we wanted to eat not so heavy things, we could have gone to a whatever tapas bar but we had the idea to enter in this restaurant. I told the waitress beforehand that probably we wanted only two salads and she said there was no problem.
FIRST of all: I clearly asked for two glasses of wine and they brought a bottle of half a liter (this is an easy way to increase the final bill), no matter how many times I asked for two glasses of wine they started to push for the bottle.
SECOND: we asked the first salad meanwhile I was deciding for the second salad and until that point was fine. When they asked the second salad THE OWNER of the restaurant told CLEARLY NO, that "you are in a meat restaurant and you gotta ORDER meat if not you are free to go away".
So at that point I told, ok if you behave so ignorantly I can pay the wine and go away.

THIRD: at this point it started the theater, the waitress arrived and brought the salad and she asked if I wanted two empanadas (because there was no way they would do any other salad) and again stupidly I told Yes.
At the end she brought two ridiculously small empanadas that obviously weren't on the menu charging me 7 euros for something that the other place give for free as tapas (when you order a glass of beer)

ALL THIS happened meanwhile in the WHOLE restaurant there were only me, my girlfriend and other 6 clients IN TOTAL (and if you read the reviews you will understand why there are plenty of places full of people but no one here)

Besides this meanwhile we stayed inside I ASKED three or four times to close the main door, was December and was pretty cold and they didn't closed it by purpose, probably to try to show they were open and SCAM some other client, the result was that we ate with the jackets because was cold as staying in the street.

MY ADVICE: is simple, DON'T GO HERE, DON'T GO HERE NOT EVEN FOR FREE.
They will find a way to make you pay even the air you breathe if you enter in this place which I personally consider a SCAM and it should be closed as soon as possible.

At the end we payed 22 euros to eat a salad and two tapas which in a whatever other restaurant of tapas you would get 6 tapas and 2 glasses of wine with the same money.

STAY AWAY from this place

2  Thank vincenzo83it

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a light dinner. We saw the menu outside the restaurant and it seemed ok: there were starters, main dishes, etc. As the waitress of the restaurant invited us to eat meat we commented that we would rather have a salad and she told "ok, Get inside". Inside it was terribly cold: they don't care about the clients so much that they keep doors and windows open at night in December. We asked for two glasses of wine and got a small bottle which was not what we actually asked for. The host/chef of the restaurant came up to us asking how we would like the meat and insisting that we eat what we didn't actually ask for. We ordered two salads since that's what we wanted to have for dinner, to what the man asked: "two salads, and the meat?" - We said: "we just want a salad, that's it". "SO NO" - told the chef - "you cannot have just a salad in a meat restaurant".

We told we would finish out wine and go but the waitress brought us a (terrible) salad and suggested us having two empanadas (small and tasteless). In the end we paid 21€ for being refused to have the plates we wanted, being treated badly, freezing and eating few and not nicely. NEVER EVER GO TO THIS PLACE: it is overpriced and the service is the worst ever.

1  Thank nancymanson69
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Having just arrived in Cordoba with two hungry and tired under 8’s and finding everywhere else full...we stumbled into this dark and quiet restaurant. We weren’t the only customers but not by far. We really only wanted a drink and tapas but ended up ordering sausage, black pudding, cheese and garlic bread starter then shared steak and four tiny baked potatoes. With an apparently complementary bottle of wine chucked in, couple of beers and juices, it came to 70€ which although a little expensive, considering the quality of the food, friendliness of staff and service, I thought was fine. The meat and potatoes were amazing. For me it was culinary heaven. I’d recommend this to any meat lover. If the rest of the food lives up to this place as a starter to Cordoba, we’re going to be in for a treat! Superb!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We lucked out here. Really good steak. Special meat from Uraguay. It's barbecued over oak with potatoes baked in the ashes. Place smells wonderfully smoky

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

My colleague and I ate here last night, it was incredible the best steak, chorizo and empanadas I've had outside of Argentina.
The service was good! But.......they did try and push things onto us like the expensive wine.
The only let down was that once I'd paid the bill I had to ask for my change! Had they assumed this was their tip? I don't know but for the cheek I left them nothing when I got my change back.