“The worst experience ever”
Review of El Novillo Precoz

El Novillo Precoz
Ranked #561 of 1,058 Restaurants in Cordoba
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a light dinner. We saw the menu outside the restaurant and it seemed ok: there were starters, main dishes, etc. As the waitress of the restaurant invited us to eat meat we commented that we would rather have a salad and she told "ok, Get inside". Inside it was terribly cold: they don't care about the clients so much that they keep doors and windows open at night in December. We asked for two glasses of wine and got a small bottle which was not what we actually asked for. The host/chef of the restaurant came up to us asking how we would like the meat and insisting that we eat what we didn't actually ask for. We ordered two salads since that's what we wanted to have for dinner, to what the man asked: "two salads, and the meat?" - We said: "we just want a salad, that's it". "SO NO" - told the chef - "you cannot have just a salad in a meat restaurant".

We told we would finish out wine and go but the waitress brought us a (terrible) salad and suggested us having two empanadas (small and tasteless). In the end we paid 21€ for being refused to have the plates we wanted, being treated badly, freezing and eating few and not nicely. NEVER EVER GO TO THIS PLACE: it is overpriced and the service is the worst ever.

1  Thank nancymanson69

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Having just arrived in Cordoba with two hungry and tired under 8’s and finding everywhere else full...we stumbled into this dark and quiet restaurant. We weren’t the only customers but not by far. We really only wanted a drink and tapas but ended up ordering sausage, black pudding, cheese and garlic bread starter then shared steak and four tiny baked potatoes. With an apparently complementary bottle of wine chucked in, couple of beers and juices, it came to 70€ which although a little expensive, considering the quality of the food, friendliness of staff and service, I thought was fine. The meat and potatoes were amazing. For me it was culinary heaven. I’d recommend this to any meat lover. If the rest of the food lives up to this place as a starter to Cordoba, we’re going to be in for a treat! Superb!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We lucked out here. Really good steak. Special meat from Uraguay. It's barbecued over oak with potatoes baked in the ashes. Place smells wonderfully smoky

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

My colleague and I ate here last night, it was incredible the best steak, chorizo and empanadas I've had outside of Argentina.
The service was good! But.......they did try and push things onto us like the expensive wine.
The only let down was that once I'd paid the bill I had to ask for my change! Had they assumed this was their tip? I don't know but for the cheek I left them nothing when I got my change back.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

A bit out of the tourist walking path is the restaurant, but very close to the Alcazar entrance.
Offered a deal but little english spoken so a bit unsure what we were getting other than beef & wine. Seated outside on a eneven non-paved footpath at an old metal table.
The meat was well cooked, heavily salted & not the best cut - bits of gristle - but tasted good. Served with 4 small potatoes, garlic bread & a green salad & the complimentary bottle of red wine was €33. Food was nice but not great value.
Only the female waittress spoke broken English.
Tables were available inside restaurant.