See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2018

On impulse, we decided to visit Almeria, but didn't want to spend OTT money on a hotel. We've stayed in an expensive one there before, so this time we looked at budget hotels and picked Hotel Embajador.
The location is perfect, a short walk into the centre and old town, and with plenty of bars and restaurants close by.
Reception staff were very good, helpful and pleasant.
Our twin room was basic, but the beds comfy, everything was spotless, so no complaints.
The air con was superb, as was the double glazing, so no problem with street noise as we were facing the front.
Breakfast in the morning was more than adequate and buffet style with a pleasant lady keeping everything topped up. Absolutely no complaints about it whatsoever.
The hotel is clearly old and a tadge frayed around the edges, but we were more than happy with our stay and the price we paid, which included breakfast.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I checked in for two nights, very nice staff with a good understanding of English, very clean & the location is perfect, very central. If you are looking for somewhere to stay for a couple of nights then I highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Do not stay at this hotel if you expect anything more than a 2*. That said, it is decent enough, and fine if you just want a place to sleep. The good points include a good position in the city, close to the beach, shops, restaurants and train/bus station. The air con is excellent, really needed! The staff had a good level of English and were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was basic and not great to be honest, and 2 out of 3 plug sockets in our room didn't work. Didn't really bother us to be honest, had the one socket and this really was just our base whilst we did sightseeing around the city. I will mention the stairs however, parts of the steps were broken and this was a tripping hazard, needs to be sorted ASAP.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Obviously this place seems to have its ups and down when it comes to reviews. Personally I found it okay, the desk service was polite and efficient and the room was nothing special but adequate.

I chose it for its location close to the station as I was only there for one night waiting for a coach.

I'd stay there again on a stopover. Would I stay for any longer or if travelling with my wife. No.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

If you are going in a couples trip, i do not recommend this place. We had to wait like 20 minutes for our room, and when we finally got it, the bed wasn't made! It was like somebody just had left the room, it was insane. So we had to wait another 15 minutes for the next room to be ready, it was not what we imagined, the bathroom was cleaned in a rush, so it wasn't thoroughly cleaned. If you're low on budget you can consider this place, otherwise don't bother.

Date of stay: July 2016