All reviews decent hotel room was clean reception staff stayed here garage
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I was really unhappy, I paid for full board and none of the options were satisfactory so I had to pay for my food, I went to order food and was told you will have to wait half an hour while we make you a menu exclusive to you which was a salad and two or three other options, was really embarrasing infront of the other guests, My food options took over one hour to cook as well, I basically had to pay over £100 on food I should not of had to purchase? Why would you not have a menu waiting my arrival? I was also charged double on my card for room service I already paid the waiter. Once as I left and once to the waiter, So i was conned do not stay here. My name is Davey Tyler. The staff could see I was not happy at all.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
avenidahotelalmeria, Director General at Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear londonmadiavale,

Regarding your review, we regret not having met your expectations. We realize that we need to improve some weaknesses in our full board services, and I assure you that we are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us, as we are committed to give best service to our customers.

I apologise for the annoyance that this may have caused to you. The company is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Myself and my wife have stayed on three occasions once with our two grandchildren in the very nice family room .we have just came home from a two week half board stay and I couldn't fault anything The food served in tony garcias restaurant was amazing and so too where the waiters and the chefs that cooked in front of us in the open kitchen.we had a lovely room with a balcony facing the avenue.and last but not least the reception staff who spoke good English where always pleasant.nothing was to much trouble for them .Great hotel,I'm going back in September. Mark&joan Glasgow

Room Tip: go for a balcony
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark and Joan, We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our operation and services. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at AVENIDA HOTEL and very much hope that you will remain a valued customer. We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Almería. Best Regards, Antonio Aguilar

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel offered all qualities and quantities are expected from a 4 star hotel. The staff was extremely helpful. We saved the money and didn't had breakfast. The only handicap of the hotel was the distance of 3 km to the beach and city centre.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
avenidahotelalmeria, Director General at Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Raimund S, We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our operation and services. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at AVENIDA HOTEL and very much hope that you will remain a valued customer. We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Almería. Best Regards, Antonio Aguilar

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Booked the hotel for initially one night and extended my stay after I started to like this place.
I was on a trip with my motorcycle so the fact that this hotel is 30 Minutes from the city center did not matter to me.
Either I did a bike ride anyhow or I desparately needed a walk after getting stiff on the bike....
The whole process of check in and check out is freindly and lean, extensions easy.
My room was spacy with large bed and a desk. Bathroom was fine as well. I prefer shower cabins over bath tubs with showers and find that more modern. But I understand people who love tubs...
Different to what I saw in other reviews the breakfast is very good. Spanish and not international but fresh produce and lots of options.
Who wants a full English breakfast is wrong, every one else will be satisfied.
Price is excellent for the quality they offer.
Good job from the team.

And the restaurant (Tony Garcia) in the same building is awesome.

Room Tip: Great hotel for a business trip and for people who are not afraid to walk
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
avenidahotelalmeria, Director General at Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Herbert P,

We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Almería.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself was good, clean and ideal for a one night stay. Reasonable location. However, the buffet breakfast was a ripoff! 9€ 50 for a very poor selection. As for hot breakfast the eggs, bacon and omelette were a touch below warm and were presented on cold plates. If you want a breakfast best walk up the road to McDonalds.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
avenidahotelalmeria, Director General at Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear CommanderE31,

Your appreciation about breakfast service has been brought to the attention of our Quality and Customer Service Department. We hope that you enjoyed your stay at AVENIDA HOTEL and very much hope that you will remain a valued customer.

We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Almería.