See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I loved this hostel! The decoration is warm and it is all made to make you feel like you are in an opera or in opera lodges - in fact, the hostel is next to the old opera of Erfurt. They brought decorarion to a new level! The rooms and bathrooms are very very clean, the prices relatively low (I paid 18€ per night), however breakfast is 5€, wifi is 1€ for two hours and you have to pay for bed linen if you stay less than 3 nights. The staff is friendly, one of them even accompanied us to a 70s-style bar when we ask him about a place to go out. They also have a kitchen with everything you need to cook. I would definitely come back, thank you!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2016

We stayed 4 nights at the hostel. It is clean, tidy, great kitchen for self catering. Our room was large, ensuite clean and had little lockable draws that went under the bed for security. Location is fantastic. It is short to the centre or there is a tram and bus close by. Kitchen is well stocked and organised if you choose to cook. The internet is 1 euro for 2 hours if you need one. It is a quiet location as well and 24 hour reception so it is secure. Have stayed in alot of hostels over the years and this would be one of the best. If you are self catering the REWE supermarket is good value and has a good range of items. Highly recommend the hostel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be very spacious and the whole area is pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2016

A cute hostel, bathrooms are ok, breakfast is ok, service is horrible.
The room was very nicely arranged, but you had to go through another room to get to our room. The bathrooms were ok and mostly clean. The breakfast in the lovely kitchen was nothing special, but I could not say something bad about it.
The service however was a disaster: I was there with a group of people and after a misunderstanding with the receptionist (for which we - even though that was not even necessary - apologized a lot), the atmosphere was really bad. All the communication was rude and hostile and I would never ever go back there because a behaviour like that is just not acceptable if you're a paying guest at a hostel.
It is really a shame, because it could be a great hostel but sadly I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 February 2017

We are very sorry and we had a lot of complaints about one member of our staff - finally we found someone very nice and kind to replace him. Thanks!

Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Good thing I didn't care about the bad reviews 'cause the experience was perfect! I've been to many hostels in Germany but this one I liked the most. Although I stayed only 3 days, at my departure I didn't want to leave. I loved the fact that the hostel is very clean, the staff friendly and It felt 'home'ish'. I recommend it without reservations!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

Good staying with friends. The place is clean, near with the tram halte, colorful bed, warm inside, attractive army statue. The owner is rigid since every rooms and bathrooms is checked by him, is it clean, is it any additional electronics in room, he straight say to us. We're always asked by owner, but its ok, he is still helpful. Besides, the breakfast is good. Is it Recommended? Yes.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends