All reviews am dom taxi ride two blocks nice bar hotel is situated european hotels excellent hotel lobby area christmas market quiet room within walking distance yogurt gym parking cathedral square fischmarkt
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

If you know Dorint you will feel at home here. Welcoming and efficient staff. Well appointed. Reliable. But not special. Nice wellness area. Nice bar. Didn't try the restaurant. Located across from the theater and 5 minutes from the cathedral.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Arriving at the Dorint am Dom in Erfurt, I didn't think it looked like a hotel at all. But inside it was quite nice looking. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful each time I stopped by. In addition to check-in and check-out, I asked for directions and they helped me to get a taxi several times. They spoke very good English.

The room was average. There were multiple power outlets, which are often lacking in European hotels. The view from the rooms is nothing special due to the location, but it is a fairly quiet area and felt safe. Free wi-fi is available, but I found my connection came and went a lot. The speed of the wi-fi was also not great.

The breakfast buffet was quite good with juice, breads, cereal, yogurt, fruit, sausages, potato patties, and sometimes eggs. I felt intimidated to ask for an omelet or other specially prepared items, but when I did, the omelet was also very good.

The lobby area has a reading room with novels and information about the Thuringen area. I found these helpful and interesting.

I got a lot of steps walking to the Domplatz and surrounding areas, but they were within walking distance. This included the Fischmarkt and Anger shopping areas. There were several places to stop for a drink or a meal and much sightseeing available in the area.

I would certainly consider this hotel again on a future trip to Erfurt.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Finally I arrived to Erfurt to settle my daughter for 5 months studying in university of Erfurt I stay in the single room with king size bed. So exhausted after long journey however I still have been nice surprised the room standard exceeded my expectation I woke up relaxed so comfortable with full strength. I have only one regret I stayed only 1 night.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank samcoop70
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We stayed in this hotel in late January 2017. The hotel is large and has a unique structure which entails use of a repurposed factory building from the eastern bloc era which adds to the charm
The rooms are spacious. Each room has a coffee machine. The carpeting is rather outdated which does not seem to match into the five star motif that the hotel advertisers. I'm sure relative to the available fair in that town it is five star. The business center with the Internet was very slow ( like 1999 slow)
Breakfast buffet was very thorough and plentiful more suited to brunch
Hotel staff were friendly
If I were to ever come to Erfurt again this would be my top choice

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Dorint in Erfurt for a few days during a family visit.

Had a very spacious room with separate sleeping/living area and two TV sets which was very clean and fitted to a modern standard. Bathroom was quite spacious as well with two sinks.

We had breakfast once which consisted of a large selection of local specialties (mostly sausages / meat as it is Thuringia) and a variety of other things as well as eggs cooked to your liking. Compared to what we paid for the room, I found the price a bit steep (EUR 20), but not outrageous as the selection and quality was good.

Overall value for money was very good as we only paid about EUR 90 per night. We did not use the parking garage (which is overpriced at EUR 15 a day) but parked outside, however this may not always be possible.

So why only four stars if everything was good? Well, because of that - good, but not exceptional. The hotel is classified as a five star, but to me it only felt like a good four star. Small differences matter at this level and to me, things such as the fixed soap and shower gel dispensers in the bathroom are not worthy of a five star hotel - one would expect higher quality toiletries.

This is the only five star hotel in town and quite frankly, a town like Erfurt does not need a five star hotel. I still remember the discussions and media scrutiny when the decision was made to build it a few years ago. Several management changes (Pullman, Mercure and now Dorint) indicate that it may not be the easiest task to run this place at a capacity utilisation that turns a profit, which also explains the low price per night when comparing it to other five star hotels in different cities.

That being said, I very much enjoyed our stay and would be happy to come back in the future.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple