See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2016

I was planning to spend a few nights in Eisenach so I could visit Wartburg Castle and take a day trip to Leipzig and Berghotel Eisenach was a lovely choice. My room was very comfortable, the wifi was reliable and the food at the restaurant was fantastic - I had dinner there one evening and the breakfast each morning was included in the price of the room. The only drawback for me was that I did not have a car so I had a long uphill walk each day, but the neighborhood had very interesting architecture and it was a safe area so it wasn't a big deal.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Located high above Eisenach with direct views towards Wartburg Castle. Convenient if travelling by car. Comfortable compact bedrooms and modern ensuites. Large south facing terrace for eating out if weather good otherwise dine in large glazed conservatory. Excellent breakfast spread and diverse reasonably priced a la carte dinner menu. Big disadvantage is there is no inside lounge and the only alternative is the outside casual seating area but only if weather permits. Also this hotel appears to cater for weddings and other functions so there may be a large number of transient non-residents (avoid staying at the weekend like the plague). Lots of walking available from the door and 15km round trip to Drachenschlucht possible with a map.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2016

This small 4* hotel is located a bit outside Eisenach, standing alone on a hilltop with a magnificent view to Wartburg castle. It's about a 20 minutes walk from the old town, passing through a lovely residential area with old villas. It's quite a steep walk, so you should not mind or use a car/cab to get there.

When I arrived, I was given room 14 which is quite big but is located at the back side of the hotel with a view to a (white) wall. When I asked at the reception if it would be possible to change, the young girl there reacted very nicely, checked the possibilities and showed me room 25 instead. This was perfect! The room (and the bed) seemed to be quite small for two but for me alone it was just wonderful. I loved the view over the green woods into the direction of Wartburg castle. The room was quiet, clean and equipped with a mini bar, a tablet and a bathroom with a shower. WiFi in the rooms is for free.

As others wrote, the breakfast buffet is not spectacular but in the end, there is everything you need. Maybe it's more the presentation and location of the buffet (squeezed in the corner of a banquet hall). However, the winter garden, where you sit for the breakfast, is nice including again marvellous views to Wartburg castle.I would stay in this hotel again if I'd came back to Eisenach one day.

Room tip: Room 25 was lovely, with a view to Wartburg castle. Avoid room 14 which is bigger but with a view to a (white) wall.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Always a pleasure to come here. Business and private. owners and staff are very friendly. The view in the morning and evening on the Wartburg is magnificent. Also a drink in front of the fireplace is nice. The rooms are well decorated spacious. For sports like running its a great location! Recommended to visit eisenach by car.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2015

We travelled from Mosel to Prague and it was our short stop to visit Bach Haus.
When we were driving towards the hotel, the surroundings hadn't looked pretty, and together with some rain it had been a bit depressing. The hotel is located on the hill, near the Grrek-style monument, surrounded by the woods and looks built into the rock. Surrounded by thye fog it looked quite romantic. The appartment, consisting of two rooms, was perfect for our family of 4 (2 adult kinds) since we requested two separate beds in one of the rooms. The room was tastefully decorated, and the views from our corner window on the second floor were just outstanding. It was not the high season, so we shared a small but cozy resturant with another pair. The food was very nice and the atmosphere was great. We took a walk around in the evening and the next morning and visited the monument, which was both entertaning and educating, since the host, even though not speaking English, was very welcoming and friendly. Surprisingly, after spending just one night in this beautifull place it became one of the top spots of our fourtnight tour.

Room tip: I recommend a corner second floor appartment for the families
Date of stay: September 2014