Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 81
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 91/night.

Classik Hotel Magdeburg(Magdeburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 56
  • Room Service
US$ 103
US$ 102
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I chose the City Hotel Magdeburg for my stay because it was (1) cheap and (2) close to the train station, as I was arriving by train. Convenient location directly across from the train station. Very basic accommodations--small room, small bed, no frills, BUT super friendly staff. Although you do have to pay cash (no cards accepted), the receptionist was very helpful in recommending places to see, gave me a free city map and highlighted the sights on the map for me, pointed me in the right direction, and even offered me a plate and utensils to use when I came home from exploring the market with my own food to eat int he comfort of my hotel room. For the price, you can't ask for much more than that!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We were book out to this place by another hotel.The reception team couldn't handle a book out at all they asked us to pay for wifi access and car park even though it was explained that the other property will cover all above costs . Although we booked B&B package we were not even kindly asked to leave the restaurant unless we'll pay extra.
The hotel doesn't accept cards so don't be surprised if you'll be asked to look for cash point even in the middle of night.
They charge 5 euro per day for wifi access and also 5 euro for car park not secured you pay money for keeping your car on the street not even nearby.
This place is just a joke.
Would rather sleep in my car that come back there.
Don't recommend at all.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dorota J
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Stayed two Nights. It was hard to find the hotel, because of work on the tramlines, but luckily we discovered that by walking through the 'Hauptbahn' we could get to the hotel no trouble at all.
Comfortable beds, Central location. The only thing lacking was wifi, but we managed without it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed one night because I was attending a concert in Magdeburg.
The location is not nice - in a commercial area far away from the centre. Count on using a taxi.
Receptionist was friendly enough, and no problems when checking in, although he wanted me to pay in cash instead of using my credit card. The card was accepted in the end, though...
My room was very small and very basic. No table, just one small chair, almost no room around the bed, bathroom (and toilet) hidden behind a wall, but with no door and no possibility of being private, if you stay 2 persons in the room. The heating in the room worked fine, but was turned off, when I arrived, so the room was quite cold. The bed was OK, and I slept well. Breakfast was basic (and only served until 9AM), but I didn't have problems with finding stuff I liked.
The hotel will basically just give you a bed to sleep in. Don't book, if you plan on staying in the room when not sleeping. For just spending a night, it is OK.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Laus S
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel was very convenient to the railroad station in Magdeburg. My single room was small with only one chair and a tiny lamp by the bed. The bed was comfortable and breakfast was good. People were very friendly and helpful. Russian is the second language in this city, so I had to practice my German as people did not speak much English.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo