“Decent multi-Asian restaurant with a few great dishes”
Review of Qilin

Qilin
Ranked #2 of 318 Restaurants in Magdeburg
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The standout dish for me was the vegetable tempura sushi as a starter, which was very nicely constructed and came with a generous helping of pickled ginger and wasabi. My husband had a mango salad, which was sweet and peanutty but not very spicy. As a main course he had a tofu and smoked aubergine dish which he enjoyed, and I had a thai red curry which again was sweet without much else going on. Mysteriously both main dishes had rocket, iceberg and chicory strewn generously on them, which was pointless. With some (again very sweet) alcohol free cocktails and a beer, the bill seemed extremely reasonable. Service was efficient and good.

I think this is a good restaurant, but if you do not like too many very sweet things in one meal, be careful about what you order - a lot of the dishes are very sweet.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Quaint and unassuming little place with very good service. I usually don't eat duck but when I saw a dish walking by with curry duck, I had to try it. It not only tasted divine but it was a work of art on a plate too. Price is good for the value.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We went there with my family. The waitress was very handy, friendly and smiling. We took some sushi as a starter : fresh and good : perfect. Then all of our plates were perfectly matching the taste we wanted : a delight! And if I could I would really give a plus one for this waitress which was so kind! :)

Reviewed 22 May 2017

It is also a very nice Asian restaurant. The Penang chicken was tasty and the stir fry tofu with noodles too. The table next to us had sushi and behind us a giant cake on a cake stand under a dome - as others have said, a varied menu. I might well have marked this as excellent if the oh-so-morish iced tea had been half the price and the mains had been about 15% less.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

It is a decent place to have some fine asian food. The soups and starters are good but the main course was a bit disappointing. We got a table easily although we didn't have a reservation. All in all it was an ok experience.