All reviews within sight big windows the main train station old town mini bar thomas church rathaus zoo
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Excellent location.
Very late arrival - quick check in.
The rooms are big and freshly renovated.
Bathroom is very good.
The windows have a good sound protection.
Breakfast is tasty and plentiful.
No AC, it was a bit hot in the room

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stayed her beginning June 2018. fairly easy to find and reasonable parking available.
Room was fine though decor was a bit rubbish. Bed was comfy and room spacious with a small kitchen area including a micowave and sink but not encouraged to use it as not a single utensil was there, but did have a usable fridge and a kettle. The breakfast was also quite good with a fair selection of stuff.

The corridors to get to room were long and a bit drab, allin all OK for a couple of nights but would not have thought it too good for a longer stay

All staff we came across were very nice and also spoke English well. Felt safe in hotel even though it overall was a bit dated. Also right across the road from the station, so very handy and central for walking around Leipzig.

If you are here seek out Auerbachs Keller to eat in, not what we expected to find but very proper and with great food.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I doubt that any royal person ever has, or ever will, set food in this place. The building was clearly never meant to be a hotel. I had the biggest room on the floor, which was great, but there was no air conditioning, and the surrounding roads are quite noisy with car noise and sirens at all times of the day. My pillow had a distinctive smell of sweat. The housekeeper was exceptionally nice, however the reception staff had poor English skills and weren’t very service minded. My room had a small kitchen, but no pots and pans, so it was impossible to use. The location is great, but the hotel is surrounded by other hotels, and I believe that I will try them all before ever coming back here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kasper Emil J
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Hotel took 600EUR out of my AMEX card on arrival, and it was not the usual blocker for incidentals (standard at all hotels). Afterwards they told me in half English half German that my 100% pre-paid booking was no good and they wanted the extra 600EUR since it was a busy weekend. This brought the room price up to 200EUR/night. Room was dirty with stains all over the carpet and mattress. Bad and unstable wifi. Noise from hallway and other rooms, as well as no A/C. Would not recommend to stay here for ANY price. Terrible managment, rude employees and poor hygienic standards. All rooms are smoking, both smoking and non-smoking rooms smell heavily. Reported the fraudulent charges to AMEX. Do not know what will happen next, and the vacation cost me 600EUR more than expected and room was worse than advertised in the photos. Entire vacation ruined at arrival since all hotels were fully booked and had to accept the extortion and dirtyness of this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Sean S
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I would urge no one to stay in this hotel. I was among several asked to pay an additional 682.20 Euros (£599.09) because I was here for Wave Gotik Treffen and therefore they wanted to charge us more. After I presented a pre-paid voucher from the booking agent to show I had already payed and the hotel was not allowed to charge me extra. I had to pay more as they wouldn't refund me my 425.40 euros £372.33) The staff on arrival were not at all friendly. The rooms were not as described in the photos I found the room hadn't been properly cleared before my stay as I found an empty wine bottle stuffed in the cupboard and half bottle of water in the fridge. There was a kitchenette but no saucepans to go with the hob! The positives about this hotel: that it’s a five minute walk from the station:breakfast selection was good:The room was a good large size.

Stayed: May 2018