“InterCity Hotel Dresden”

IntercityHotel Dresden
Ranked #23 of 119 Hotels in Dresden
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great location immediately opposite the main train station. Check in very proficient. Room had all the trimmings, except for tea and coffee making, which would have been the icing on the cake. Great buffet breakfast, extra 9 Euro for me, but well worth it. Free transport card for duration of stay. No room service available, and as I arrived 8.30PM after a 5 hour train trip a snack would have been welcomed. The restaurant closed 9PM.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Pro's- If you have a 5 AM train to catch and for a short stay- Just roll out of bed and cross the tracks and you are at the station. Good Breakfast!. They give you a tram ticket- good for the tourist zone- nice perk but no one ever asked to see my ticket when I got on and offthe tram??
Business class hotel- My room had the most outlets for plugging in and charging all of my devices ( computer, cell phone, etc). Surprisingly quiet for proximity to the train station. Heated towel rack in the bathroom. Toiletries- soap in wall dispensor- nothing else.
Cons-Room Sparse- No real decor. One pillow, one towel, Hard Mattress, Water Bottle- 4 Euro, Internet Costs,- Never asked how much since I knew it would be expensive).Try a Tepe Mobile Hot Spot- See my review for this elsewhere- a better way to travel with pre-paid mobile internet.
Limited TV Stations. Breakfast was very good. I got a "Autumn Deal- where I got a "free drink", and 1 "free dinner" on the night of my choice- Was misleading because the waitress literally told me what I was eating i.e. " tomato soup, bratworst with potato's"- that was it- The resaurant on site had a menu that I could see other customers could order from which had a variety of foods- but when I asked if there were any other "choices" - now I don't speak German- but I think I was pretty clear after holding up the menu that she could see that I was aksing for a choice of selections- she told me that was it- I asked if I could speak with the manager and after several back and forth trips to the kitchen- they finally asked me "what I would like".- I have never worked so hard for a meal- at least a choice of 2 selections at the mnimum would have sufficed since I could see that nothing was really all that expensive off the regular menu- so beware if you get a room that includes " a dinner included" My beverage choice could have been a soft drink or wine- I think?? I chose a pepsi. There is an Asian restaurant next door to the hotel which looked like it was doing good business and there are other places to eat along a nearby promenade. On my next trip to Dresden- a wonderfull city to visit- now that I see how easy it easy to navigate I think I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Very convenient positioned just opposite to the railway station (still not too loud). Friendly staff, nice, spacious and clean rooms. Free public city transport ticket is included. Excellent value for money. Would certainly come again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I stayed at the hotel over Sunday and Monday as part of a deal which included, two nights B&B, free travel pass for the city, a candlelight two course dinner and a welcome bowl of fruit in the room. The price was excellent and the room was clean and functional. Although the dinner was without candle and I was the only diner in the restaurant, the food was good and the bowl of fruit on arrival, very welcome. The travel vouchers were perfect to get around the city easily because the centre, even with a fast walk, was at least 20 mins from the hotel. Breakfast was extremely busy at eight in the morning, I could not find a table and came back 30 minutes later when the dining room was half empty. The food was excellent and fresh, no complaints.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the Wiener Platz, very little noise because it is pedestrianised.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2012

The hotel is directly oposite the train station which is as convenient as you can get. Friendly reception with free sweets on the counter and nice clean rooms. You get a free public transport pass for the duration of your visit which is usefull but not necessary as the hotel is only a brisk 10 minute walk from the centre. Breakfast is great with a full English and continental choice available. The only downside was no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms but it is not worth marking it down for that small fault.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family