All reviews old city the river one night minutes walking distance mini fridge breakfast was excellent air condition room was large hotel staff elbe skyline midnight frauenkirche supermarket christmas
Reviewed 5 July 2018

The name of the hotel indicates the location close to the Elbe river terraces not far from the center of Dresden. The famous "Frauenkirche", the castle "Schloss" and almost all of Dresden`s fabulous museums and art galleries are within 10 to 15 minutes of walking. The location and the moderate room prices of this 3 star hotel are no doubt its biggest assets. The good sized rooms are fairly simple furnished although the beds are quite comfortable. There is no aircondition which is probably not necessary most of the year unless it is really hot outside which it was during our recent visit in early July 2018. And we missed the room safe and free coffee and tea service in the room. Other than that everything was fine. What we thought was outstanding was the hotel`s excellent breakfast buffet. If you don`t mind the tourist groups this hotel will be a good choice for Dresden.

Room tip: Make sure you get a room facing thge Elbe river
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Hotel is just outside the old city and easily walkable to it. Parking is a bit funky...think you need to use the public lots across the street (my colleague took a long time to show up in the hotel after he dropped me off with the bags). Hotel is kind of old school and no frills...definitely feels like it was built before the Wall fell, lol. While it is no frills, it was clean and neat. Rooms were sizable (though the bathroom was surprisingly small). No AC...which was a drag since my room faced the strong setting sun, but a fan was supplied that, when turned on full blast did the job later. Breakfast, if in the right season, MUST be taken out side on the patio...it was nice to sit out there over a coffee with a late start to my business day. I'd use it again if I couldn't convince my boss to put me up at the Hilton, lol.

Room tip: While the view is nice, the rooms facing away fromt he old city are much quieter...busy road next to hotel and trains not too far away.
Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This accommodation is located in a very old plattenbau building! On the day of my arrival it was a hot and sunny day in Dresden and as I entered the room it was just hot, very hot! Literally like in a sauna! There was no AC in the room, but a fan only, so I was not able to cool down the air! I just could open the window to get some cooler air from outside. By the way apparently they have a lot of mosquitoes and other insects at night around the building, as there preventively was placed an insect spray on the desk! I did not sleep well this night! In the bathroom they had only a curtain in the shower, not a proper cabin! I wouldn‘t have booked this accommodation from the beginning, but I didn‘t have a choice.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 27 April 2018

the hotel it basicly ok and is basic as well. if you would need to spend one night in dresden near to the center, this would be a cheap solution. 10 minutes walking distance from the center. is clean but old - the breakfast is ok, but not a big variaty of products.

parking is a challenge - you can try it only on the side streets

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Nothing fancy hotel. Not quite 4 stars but better than 3. The location is good, walking distance by the riverside to the center of Dresden old town walk. The room was large with a beautiful panoramic view of the river and of the old city skyline, but we had to keep the windows closed, traffic on the bridge and surroundings is very loud. At the Reception, they were courteous, German style cordial, helpful, prompt and discreet, especially when we asked to clean the fridge drain hole or to call us a taxi. All in all a good experience and maybe a good address to return to, if we will ever go back to Dresden.
We cannot rate the breakfast selection because we chose to spend breakfast in the city.

Date of stay: April 2018