“Delicious”

Dresden 1900
Ranked #73 of 1,028 Restaurants in Dresden
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Diner, German, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innere Altstadt
Description: Dear Guests, why don’t you enjoy the Dresden between the industrial expansion and the art noveau period. Let yourself be fascinated by the Dresdners and their history. In our restaurant Dresden 1900 we present you the “Postplatz” and his development around the turn of the century. Besides Dresdens oldest still preserved and restored railcar from 1898…our “Helene”, we offer you themed rooms for up to 250 people. Enjoy saxon comfort at Dresdens most beautiful place, the “Neumarkt”. Spoil your palate and let your guests be amazed! We’re looking forward to your visit! Your friendly conductors from Dresden 1900
Reviewed 13 April 2018

I had asked my tour guide to recommend a restaurant in the area and she suggested 1900. It was a large restaurant and I was seated out the back. I had a view of a TV screen that was showing old video clips of the city which were quite fascinating, and a nice distraction as I was eating alone. I had gone with the intention of ordering something traditional, but chose the duck which was a far more modern adaption. Everything on my plate was delicious. I ordered a glass of local wine too.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Dear all, I would strongly recommend you not to visit this place, not...ever. On a cold - extremely cold - February weekend trip to the beautiful city of Dresden, me and my girlfriend made that mistake. They are situated just a few meters from the beautiful Frauenkirche (I recommend that!) and so it happened, we decided there, close, to have a lunch.You will here on this platform read reviews praising the interior, but I did not enjoy that either! You will see walls of photographs of celebrations (decades ago!), staff in that clothing and an old tram wagon. That's basically it, I personally felt it was depressing.
How about the food, you will ask...?
Facing the unreasonably high prices (!), and that we both wanted just to have something small for lunch, we went for a big portion of "meat soup" together with beers. The beer here contains just 0.4l (usually it is 0.5l) for the same price, but ok...!
After the soup arrived - let's say it took longer than expected - we saw some ingredients, but NO meat (let's remember the price, 8+ EUR each!!) inside! Tired of waiting, and hungry, we ate the soup (complain? What another 20 mins for a new soup?).
When we paid (to get into that cold was more appealing than to stay), we remarked about the missing meat. The reaction from the waitress was to complain to us, why we had not told her earlier, not a single thing was offered to use to make up for that (coffee anyone, tea?), we left knowing what we have just read, terrible service + terrible food + high prices, never again!!!!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our experience at Dresden 1900. We went twice during our stay in Dresden (dinner and breakfast), and both times they delivered. They have a nice menu with plenty of variety. In addition, the inside features plenty of pictures from Dresden’s history, including a railcar. Definitely a must visit in Dresden.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Stopped here for lunch. Nice restaurant with a railroad car theme. Had a local Radeberger beer, potato soup with sausage & quarkkeulchen (sweet, potato pancake stuffed with fruit).

Food was good, but the service was VERY SLOW! Restaurant was practically empty but took 1/2 hour to get my soup.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Read about this and was excited to visit. For me is was not worth the hype. Food was okay, nothing special...although our oldest child appreciated the vegan choice on the menu soup was the only option for the youngest.

Dresden1900, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Dresden 1900, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

We apologize for any inconvenience.