“Good food”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innere Altstadt
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

& good service. Ordered a kids meal plus the Ratsherrenplatte. Both were good and were presented nicely. Our server was very nice and we would definitely recommend the place.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We stopped here for lunch.
During our month in Germany, we found that quite often the meals were huge, too much for one person to eat so occasionally, we would order an appetizer and then split the main course.
In this case, we each ordered soup and planned to split what they called "The Special Burger".
My wife had carrot soup and really enjoyed it.
I ordered onion soup. It wasn't what I expected, but it was quite good. I enjoyed it a lot.
We ordered the special burger and asked them to cut it in half. They wouldn't. They did bring us an extra plate and a sharp knife. It puzzles me to this day. The only note I have in my notebook about the burger is "good burger".

Would I eat here again? There's no real reason not to.
Would I recommend it to friends? Yes

Reviewed 28 September 2017

In a small city-center that is packed with corporate tourist restaurants, we picked the one that had the nicest looking dining room - located on the upper floor, not the main floor. You have to insist on getting this room or they'll out you somewhere on the main floor that looks like a diner. Once we go to the upper floor the experience was good enough:
1) A very-good sauteed Trout and a wild Mushroom soup, and a tasty-but-heavy Veal stew.
2) A terrible Apple Strudel, which should be embarrassing to any German restaurant.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We felt very unwelcomed at this restaurant. It was about dinner time and the restaurant was not busy. The hostess sat us down at a dirty table and never bothered to clean the table. After waiting patiently for a server that never came, we finally left. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We had very well prepared "classic" dishes, with a large glass of wine, in a friendly but business-like atmosphere, for a reasonable price.