“Very good place”

Cuisines: German, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Innere Altstadt
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped there after a walking tour so we would like some refreshments. We chose one Latte Machiatto one with aroma vanilla and one espresso. We stayed satiesfied. There are tasteful sweets also.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The café is very conveniently located, right on the Theaterplatz. Only had their dessert. Nice selection to choose from.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I had breakfast twice here and the cafe is terrific. It is beautifully appointed and the staff are extremely welcoming. The omelette and warm rolls and butter were exactly what was required! I would highly recommend the Schinkelwache Cafe if you are in Dresden

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

I just happened to stroll by this Cafe on theater square and after looking at the menu outside, decided it was definitely a place to try. My waitress was kind and efficient. I ordered a leek quiche with a glass of wine for under 10 Euros. Because this place does beautiful pastry, it seemed a sin to leave without eating some so I ordered the bienenstich or bee sting pastry : two thin layers of cake with Creme patissiere in the middle and topped with an almond brittle with honey. Another cake that caught my eye was the Porzellan cake and I highly recommend that one too. Prices are more than fair, service was good and the food is delicious I would definitely return.

I believe this restaurant is owned by the same group that owns the Edelweiss Restaurant behind the frauenkirche. Please see my review for that restaurant as well.

1  Thank Zoyenka
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice dinner sitting out side enjoying the ambience looking at the Opera House. Main meal and desert was delicious and perfectly cooked and presented. Friendly staff. Highly recommended.

1  Thank BWS