See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

it seems like a time capsule - this place is so 70s.... it hurts. i would not call it a hotel, youth hostel seems to be more appropriate. not sure if i would chose to stay here again. on the other hand, people were really friendly and the breakfast was not too bad....but in principle- if it needs to be low budget - i would rather go for motel one, or even ibis.

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a Sunday night after finding our normal hotel had closed and what a find this is. Situated right in the middle of the shopping centre and over looking the Bahnhofstrasse it's the ideal place to stay. The bedroom was spotless and modern, the bathroom was immaculate and the breakfast was excellent the following morning. Total cost was 89 Euros which, for what we got, was a bargain. The staff were polite and the service very good indeed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived late at night to Saarbrucken. It is hard initially to find this hotel so it is great that it is a small city. You need to make your way around the back of the hotel to find the hotel garage. Again it can take a bit of patience in finding it and parking spaces are small. The hotel is well priced & central which was very helpful.

Again like all visits we had on this trip, the service was superior and we were made feel right at home. The room was excellent. No complaints at all and it was a homely feeling which is needed with these hotels.

The breakfast was superb. Great variety and it all tasted fresh and tasty. All in all I would recommend this hotel for anybody visiting Saarbrucken.

Room Tip: I asked for a quite room. I still got one facing onto the pedestrian street but this was no problem whatsoever. If outside is busy or you need to open the window it could get noisy. Always ask for a room facing away from the street and one looking onto the River Saar. Maybe we were lucky or just too tired but we slept well!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tarzangav
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I only spent a single night in this hotel but I would have been happy to stay for longer. The room was small, but well equipped (including a flat screen TV). The shower room had been very recently renovated and was clean, bright and modern. My only minor gripe was that the curtains didn't fit as well as they might.

Other reviewers have commented on the amount of noise from outside - although this might be an issue for some people I personally had no trouble sleeping through it.

The hotel website makes a big thing about the breakfast and certainly I have never seen so many choices of muesli and the like.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street are likely to be noisy at night, but no worse than in other cities.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank essex-hiker-biker
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This Hotel is a small, family-owned accommodation right in a pedestrian zone of Saarbrücken. The hotel is located in a business/resident building and occupies several floors. You need your room key to operate the lift, so don't forget it. The rooms are on the very small side, yet functional. there is no microfridge option and no air conditioning. The bed is a single bed and quite hard but it is ok for a night or two.The bathroom is almost as "big" as your room but has poor ventilation and may need an upgrade (very dark). Breakfast is served buffet-style in the common area just behind the reception. Nothing to write home about but an adequate start in the day. Internet is provided for free and you may obtain your WiFi key at the reception. What the hardware leaves open to be desired, the friendless of the staff is making up for.

I can confirm my fellow travelers issue regarding the noise level. I had to open the window because the room was so hot. Just outside there is a variety of Cafe's open until late night and I was also able to easily follow my neighbors phone conversation in the middle of the night. If one of your neighbors is inconsiderate and slams the door, you'll be sitting in your bed wondering what just happened. The mornings are also questionable, since the local shop deliveries are taken care of by several trucks,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo