“Real cake- Don’t leave Trier without trying it”

Konditorei Cafe H. J. Janschke
Ranked #103 of 339 Restaurants in Trier
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A real bakery- delicious fresh quality cakes, friendly service, It looked to be a family riun business with attention to detail. My husband had the pistacho marzipan- try it even if you don’t like marzipan- this is not the sawdust with artificial almond flavourong- this tastes like real food. I had the sachertorte, also good, but the pistacho marzipan was better. Enjoy!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Situated in one of the side streets leading off the main town square, we called in here for morning coffee and whilst the service was prompt and the coffee and food good it was a bit too expensive. An small mug of ordinary coffee was 3.90 euros and a small florentine biscuit also 2.60, so we paid 13.00 euros (over £11.00 stg for very little). We suspect they aim to catch the tourists heading into town from one of the main multi-storey parking lots as this is what happened to us. Next time we will look around and go elsewhere.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

It's a real traditional cafe - difficult to find today - with comfortable sofas and chairs.which we enjoyed very much, They offer a great choice of different kinds of excellent cakes. Service is very friendly.

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

Very cosy place to have breakfast. Nicely old fashioned. Friendly staff. Comfortable seating. Centrally located. Delicious and clean.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Saw this Konditorei as I was looking for a nice restaurant to dine in for a late lunch but as soon as I saw the word 'konditorei' I decided to have a quick glance at the desserts they serve.

There was quite a few selections and couldn't decide which ones I wanted to try out so I chose 4 cakes: Apple cake/pie; Dark chocolate cake with marzipan; Crumbly cake with poppy seeds; another cake which name I do not know (but it had small layers with cream inbetween and the top part of the cake was crystallised and tasted a little crunchy)

The cakes were delicious overall even if they seemed a little dry. The presentation of the cakes were done well!

The staff suggested for me to buy and reserve the cakes before I went to have my late lunch (but I guess that's a tactical way of persuading customers in buying your goods).
I almost forgot to collect it again and it would have been a shame if I really did so maybe next time the staff may need to at least get the number of the customer incase they forget to pick it up (this is only a MAYBE option).