“Visiting oldest city in Germany ”
Review of Ratskeller

Ratskeller
Ranked #78 of 339 Restaurants in Trier
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The dishes we had were typical German dishes. Bratwurst, vegetables, fried potatoes with onions. Fried pork with mushrooms and fries. Good German beer.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived into Trier on an extremely wet day, there was 12 of us and they put tables together. We had mostly schnitzel and some had pork and curry, service a bit slow but that mostly due to only one waitress who was quite friendly. Food was tasty and reasonable

Reviewed 5 July 2018

On my first day in Trier, a very wet one, I was determined to tour the city anyway, but got caught in steady rain while in the Markt Platz. I was very close to the Old Rathaus which of course has a Ratskeller, so in I went for a slightly earlier than planned lunch.

It manages to be bright, as the low arches that comprise its ceiling are all painted white. The tables are elegantly set, the waitstaff was prompt and reliable - the atmosphere in fact was nicer than I expected.

The food was quite good as well. Though it is a very meaty menu, there were some good fish choices, and I had a more or less whole fish (thankfully, considerably de-boned), very fresh and tasty, atop veggies and potatoes. Also on the plate was a small cucumber salad like my mother used to make.

The beer was good too, Trier's own Lowenbrau, brewed since 1890 according to the glass.

The whole experience was very nice, and when I left after dinner the rain had subsided! What more could I ask?

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Had beers here, wanted to eat something small and that was possible on the terrace outside. But it was cold and we wanted to eat inside, this was in the basement but there they serve more expensive dishes. We just wanted to eat a snack so we went up again and finished our beers. Pity You can't eat a snack inside, only restaurant inside.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We ate here on a trip to Trier. I had a schnitzel with an apple sauce and it was incredible. It tasted fresh and loved the variety.