“Very Friendly”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Menu in English is a big bonus. Beautifully cooked FRESH Pizza and very friendly staff. Great surroundings and competitive prices. A must when in Trier.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 13 July 2018

There are a few Italian restaurants around this part of Trier and of the two we tried - this is the only one that can be recommended.

It’s located at the top of a staircase and we were only alerted to its presence by the blackboard outside, which told us that today’s special was pasta with Porcini. Porcini are my wife’s “catnip”, so I had little choice. The room itself is very compact but we never felt cramped. It was a mixture of Italian charm and German “gemutlichkeit”.

From the menu I had a good octopus carpaccio, which would have been even better had the deliciously thin-sliced octopus, not been buried under a layer of salad - albeit very good fresh salad. My wife had her usual Caprese salad with buffalo Mozzarella, which she enjoyed - commenting on the quality ingredients. As with my octopus, the “stars” of the Caprese were buried under very non-Caprese salad items. Perhaps it’s how the locals like it?

For the mains, I had a very good seafood spaghetti which had lots of seafood but above all, a really delicious, tomato-based, seafood sauce - piquant and rich. A minor complaint, the pasta was a trifle overcooked for my taste but again, maybe not for the regular customers. My wife’s tagliatelle with “steinpilze” was also very good, with lots of lovely fungus dressing the pasta.

With the meal we had a bottle of Primitivo di Manduria from Varvaglione, the Papale Linea D’Oro which was simply outstanding. The excellent waiter offered to chill it for us, fearing it would be a little too warm but he need not have worried - it was perfect. In fact I was so impressed that I’m looking to order some for home consumption, now I’m back in the UK.

This little Italian won over our hearts and stomachs. It’s a very friendly, totally unpretentious place, where students can enjoy pizza, while others can enjoy a very good, pizza-less lunch. Just around the corner is another “Italian” which in comparison, wasn’t even in the same league. This is the place to go - make no mistake.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Small place on the first floor. Pizza didnt look handmade. Taste was ok, but really not special. For me the size was too small. Topping wasnt very tastefull. For me a dissapointed visit

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I️ chose the pick your own pasta and sauce option: spinach ravioli with a mushroom cream sauce. It was excellent. Great wine too. I was looking for German food but could find anything open. I’m glad I️ stumbled upon this gem. The staff knows enough English to help if you need. I know a little German and spoke with one of the other waiters briefly and he was very sweet as well.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

There was a nice variety of food, great seating indoors and great wait staff. A bit overpriced for my taste, but it is in the heart of the tourist area.

Date of visit: October 2017