“Fantastic food, great service and nice location”
Review of SauBar

SauBar
Ranked #18 of 289 Restaurants in Koblenz
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Better have a reservation - allthough the place is kind of hidden in the old town of Koblenz, all tables are fully filled most of the time.

The restaurant serves fantastic, down to earth local food, nice beer and wine and a great range of Schnaps and liqueurs. The speciality of the house, as the name tells, is pork. Nevertheless you will also find some other dishes, also vegetarian on the menu.

Price for value is fantastic in my oppinion. Allthough it's definetily not the cheapes place, you don't pay fortunes for your dinner, but fair prices.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank sMike_at

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We followed a group of young ladies (I think they were going to a bridal show dinner) to this restaurant, tucked inside a courtyard. We saw quite a bit of local people there so we felt pretty good about our choice. The restaurant has English menu and the wait staff speak very good English. Their bread and salad both are very fresh and very delicious. My husband ordered the pork chop. The portion was big (and I am from Texas). I took a slice from him and it was so juicy and you could taste the sweetness of the pork. It’s so good that now I couldn’t remember what I had ordered .
While we were in Koblenz, we had also dined at one of the very old and highly recommended restaurant from a travel book by the Rhine bank. Because of our experience in SauBar, we both ordered Pork Chop and with high expectation. Well, the meal was good but nothing memorable. The salad and the meat quality were much better at SauBar. So we went back there again the next day

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank Wendy N
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I went for dinner to this little hidden place during a weekend in Koblenz
The service was a bit slow but the staff were extremely welcoming and we really enjoyed our meal.
You need to like the typical german food here, but I loved the beef salad :)
My partner had a local meatloaf dish and feedback was very positive
Friendly staff and local low key atmosphere

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We were advised to go to this restaurant by the concierge at our overnight hotel
After a 12 hour drive, we were ravenous and just wanted a traditional meal, followed by a wander round Koblenz. We walked into the restaurant just after 7.30, ordered fairly promptly, and walked out, without having eaten, at 9. No apology and we had to pay for our barely drunk drinks (couldn't drink them without food). By then, it was getting dark, so we had no opportunity to wander round Koblenz.
Really unimpressed.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Small menu, but excellent and fresh Food. They have a menu of the day (3 parts) for ca. 25 EUR. Every time it was delicious.

Date of visit: October 2015