See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2016

My Mother in law took us to this restaurant for lunch ,the entire meal was out of this world luckily for me that we were only visiting or I would end up weighting 500 lbs in no time,Before I forget the decor and the staff were also fabulous This restaurant is a must on your list of things to do

Room tip: If the hotel is like the food there is nothing to worry about
Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

I found the hotel very comfortable. Room is clean, efficent for stay. Staff is helpfull, but overall everything is clear. The restorant is good. Good service. I dint had dinner, but lot of people yes.
I am very satisfied. Typical German style.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We chose Hotel Gerold, as it was on the outskirts of town, near to our son. The drive into town was not far, with bus stops outside the hotel too.

Excellent stay, room was clean and secure. Staff were excellent, with good English, which as a none German speaker, made it far easier. Breakfast was good and the evening meal options were excellent, which we enjoyed in the ample sized beer garden. Plenty of free car parking too.
Also has a spa and sauna, but we didn't have time to visit. Decor was excellent with a lift too

It was a hot weekend, and although windows opened fully, with outside secure shutters, a ceiling fan would of made a big difference.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel for three days. Had a single bed room. Bathroom was small, so was the shower, but adequate and very clean. No noise on my side of the hotel.
No Internet on the room, but in common area downstairs there was.
We only had dinner one evening, this was excellent. Breakfast was good and so was the Coffee.
Free parking outside hotel. Bus passing by hotel to city center, but taxi was only about 10€. Close to Benteler Talle plant.
Friendly staff. All in all i would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2014

On a back-roads vacation in Germany, we stayed here one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is operated by excellent staff, and it's extremely clean and quiet. It's located a mile or two from the city center, but our Garmin GPS directed us without any issues. Room 61 is huge and bright, with lots of windows. The curtains do not close completely, but the daylight didn't bother us. Traffic noise was minimal. The breakfast buffet was extensive and delicious. Free (plenty) parking and free WiFi are a plus. We would certainly stay here again!

Room tip: There is a restaurant (open late) on site. Request a room away from the restaurant if you prefer quiet.
Date of stay: July 2014