See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Wow, were do I begin? The small hotel is not located in a privileged part of Mönchengladbach. The hotel is situated alongside a busy three lane inner city street and a train-track bridge in a distance of only 4m from the hotel walls and windows. The hotel is sdaid to be build in 1987, but it seems much older and unrenovated since. I also challange the advertised 3-star rating. The room size was ok, but the furniture and bathroom are in urgent need of renovation. The cleanliness could also be improved (f.e.: I found hair in my bed). The bed was tiny and caused serious back pain. The bathroom is dated and the shower can only be reached by climbing across the >0,5m high bath tub wall. That´s especially dangerous while leaving the shower with wet feet. The breakfast "buffet" is a joke! There is free parking and Wifi available. The room charge is very cheap.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and stay away.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2016

If youre into budget trip worth to check it out.Too pricey for me but since i havent found any other options for a night in Gladbach it was ok.rooms had old furniture but still clean and acceptable.Lift works till next to last floor.

Room Tip: old style,old furniture,looks a bit out of city center.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Had a lads break during March 2015. The rooms are to a reasonable standard. Good quality food for breakfast. Staff have a very good attitude.Overall, a good base for a holiday. Good location & large car park.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was the bottom of the barrel when it comes to hotels, I got this place at the last minute due to all the other hotels been booked out. My room was on the top floor but the lift only went to the floor below, when I came out of the lift there was no light, I had to feel my way up the stairs and eventually found a light switch. My room was like been on a canal barge, tiny I'd say 2 foot wide beds, I hardly slept and that was not due to me enjoying the 12" TV flickering in the corner.

The breakfast was a joke, it looked like some one just opened a packed of cheap sliced meat and sliced loaf and said "enjoy".

I think it was €50 a night and they say beggars can't be choosers, but I won't get caught out again and I'll book my hotel well in advance.

That said Monchengladbach does not excel anywhere when it comes to hotels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank blinkyeyed
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Recently returned from a short break in Germany where three of us stayed at the Spickhofen hotel.
A family run hotel with very competitive rates and first class service, spotless and the staff are very friendly.
Dining in the restaurant – like the residential services – food and service and value for money first class. Car parking also available and less than a few hundred yards until you are in the town centre.

Room Tip: Avoid front facing rooms - albeit the double glazing dappens any road noise - and again usualy settles down from 21:00 - 07:00. Good selection of twin rooms availability
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends