“Fantastic restaurant”

Cuisines: Diner, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Visited with family for dinner as we were visiting Krefeld and had looked on tripadvisor for some recommendations!! This restaurant had some good reviews and as we fancied some nice steak we decided to give it a try. I have to say it was excellent. The choice of starter was good, I had the pea soup - extremely tasty. As for the mains the steak was cooked to perfection and came with your choice of two sides. The lamb chop was mouth-wateringly good and served with roast potatoes and a selection of vegetables. The staff were helpful and friendly and the service was excellent. Well well worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Our business host took us here with a promise of a good steak. How wrong he was because it was excellent! Cooked to perfection accompanied with Truffled mashed potato, Winter greens and Garlic and herb butter. As this was a midweek meal we started with bread and dips and didn't have desert. The service was a little bit the slow side as it was reasonably busy but I dont mind waiting anywhere which serves quality food and this meal was. Service was attentive but not intrusive and the waiter was always on hand when noticing that the drinks needed replenishing. Drank beer so cannot comment on the wine. Cannot comment on price because our host paid for it and I honestly could thank him enough. I would certainly go back to Schloesser when in Krefeld and would certainly have no hesitation taking guests for a fantastic meal in a relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We enjoyed our lunch at a very competitive price very much. The service is excellent and very friendly. The quality of the food is outstanding.

Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

Colleague took us in here, partly I think to try it himself! Can't comment on the wine as we stayed with beer, which was fine.
Food was served and presented well, steak was one of the better ones I've ever had. All reasonably priced for what we got.
Not sure what was missing, perhaps just a certain sparkle, I'd go back, which is my ultimate litmus test.

Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

Show kitchen where you see how the cooks and chefs eat from guests' plates is an absolute NO GO!!!! unfriendly staff with dirty shoes... humiliation when you order a ladies' cut just because you don't have too much hunger... never again.....

5  Thank danijel83