See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2017

stayed for 1 business night in summer

location: i didnt care. but not central.
bedding: comfortably firm.
space/design/appearance: really functional, smart, very comfortable ambience.
bathroom: reasonably sized and again very clean.

one thing most might not notice or even care about, is that almost everything is german - water, coffee, tea, phone, hairdryer, toiletries, basically everything except the television is german-branded. kinda nice, in my opinion.

downside:
*no ironing facilities in room. (probably available if i called for it).
*water didnt change temp cold or hot. had a single temperature which was lukewarm. luckily its summer so its fine.
*internet was okay on my phone, but unreliable on the laptop. strange.

some minor details set it back but overall its fit for purpose. once again, very very clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Webers-Hotel, Empfangsmitarbeiter at Webers - Das Hotel Im RUHRTURM, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Dear guest,
many thanks for your feedback. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed yor stay and that you felt comfortable. It is right that we do not have any ironing facilities in the room but if our guest request it we bring it to the room. We are very sorry about the problem with the hot water. We had about two hours problems with that but our facility staff cared about it and fixed it. Nevertheless we hope that you will be our guest again next time if you will be in Essen. Best regards, your team from Webers Hotel.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

As a standard business-hotel you dont need much. Webers provide what you need, but no more than that.

Be aware: the internet connection is very poor. It is perhaps the only thing that just HAVE to work in a business hotel. The staff seemed aware of the problem, but couldn't solve it (of course).

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Webers-Hotel, Empfangsmitarbeiter at Webers - Das Hotel Im RUHRTURM, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear guest,
we are sorry to see that you had problems with the internet and that you could not work.
We are aware of the problem and we take care about it.
Many kind regards, your team from Webers hotel.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Decent hotel for a business trip. Very clean and quite. No real amenities to speak of though. There is a restaurant on site but only offers a basic buffet for breakfast. It was open for lunch but not sure what they have. They have a decent bar area in the lobby for drinks and coffee. There is no fitness center which I found disappointing. Over all a good clean and quite hotel with friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Webers-Hotel, Empfangsmitarbeiter at Webers - Das Hotel Im RUHRTURM, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Dear guest,
many thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that you were disapointed because of the missing fitness center. Nevertheless we hope to see you again.
Best regards. The team from webers hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Pretty much what you expect from a business hotel. Light spacious atrium and bar area. Rooms were a good size and clean with a first class shower. Would have liked more tea and coffee available. Bed comfortable and room temperature fine when you finally get the thermostat sorted out. My colleagues had the supposed hot breakfast which they said was a bit on the cold side. Good fast free wifi which is a big plus. For anyone visiting the Messe it's definitely a taxi rather than public transport. Staff friendly and helpful enough.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Webers-Hotel, Empfangsmitarbeiter at Webers - Das Hotel Im RUHRTURM, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Dear Guest.
many thanks for your feedback. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and see you again next time.
Best regards, your team frpm Webers Hotel.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

It's situated in a really nice area which is not very far from the main railway station by taxi. I walked it and it took about 25 mins walking.

The reception staff were very good, spoke excellent English after realising I couldn't speak a word of German, very helpful and friendly.

I emailed ahead and requested a room on a high floor and was given one. I find hotels usually miss little details like this so that was nice.

The room was compact but spacious enough. Very clean. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided. Two single beds pushed together rather than the double is always a bit annoying but not a massive problem.

The bathroom was new and modern with a good shower. I hate it when hotels have old beige plastic bathroom fixtures, nothing makes me think the hotel is bad more than the quality of the bathroom. This one was good!

There's a bar and a restaurant downstairs. The restaurant was already closed when I went down around half ten but the bar is open until midnight I think. There's no room service as far as I can tell so it becomes a bit hard to eat later at night and I couldn't see too much in the area. So if you're checking in late, then it might be a good idea to grab something to bring with you.

The breakfast in the morning however was excellent. A huge selection of meats, cheeses bacon and sausages, eggs, pastries and breads/rolls, fruits and cereals and all the usual juices/coffees/teas.

Checkout was quick and easy and, again, very polite.

It's a bit pricey though, I think I paid around €190 for the night with two breakfasts the next day (@ €14 each) which I think is too much for one night even if the quality is high because, well, you're in Essen, not Berlin - no offence Essen! We're talking good three star here I think so the price could come down a bit. To be fair it may normally be cheaper, there was a convention happening and prices always go up when this is the case so I would say if your paying less than €100 per night then you should have no complaints.

Aside from the price, I'd be happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Webers-Hotel, Empfangsmitarbeiter at Webers - Das Hotel Im RUHRTURM, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Dear guest,
we were very pleased to see that you were satisfied while staying with us. It is usual that the prices for hotelrooms are during fairs a little bit higher. So maybe the next time you'll stay with us it is a little less. However we would enyoj it if you will stay with us again. Hope to see you soon. Best regards, your team from Webers Hotel.