See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2015

The hotel is very modern, located not far from the main 52 and 40 autobahns- we used it to stopover on drives to and from Berlin, it was perfect for this providing large clean rooms, a great value breakfast and the staff were always helpful. There is also free parking onsite- a bonus for us. We were travelling with a two year old and booked a double rather than the recommended triple room on the booking sites and this worked out fine- we were offered a baby cot (not needed though) at check-in.

Room Tip: most rooms have showers rather than baths- worth checking if the latter is an option
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I stayed here with a colleague whilst visiting a customer in nearby Bochum. The hotel is very modern and extremely clean. At first the area around the hotel looks poor but it is actually quite nice. The rooms were excellent with comfortable beds, plenty of space and a great walk in shower. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice of items and really nice fresh rolls and croissants.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I stay here for two nights. I was on a business trip. I loved the room. Very spacious. The hotel was clean. Many things new and functional. Breakfast was good for the price. The location was good, although constructions close by limited access. I was driving. Free parking was a plus. I would stay there again when I go back to Essen.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is great lovely service and I love the fact they give disabled people jobs who work even harder to make the stay pleasant keep it up I'll defiantly visit again as this was one of the best hotels I have stayed in
Luciano

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2015

The hotel is newly refurbished and trendy, yet without any super hip "baggage." It has a comfortable, not-self conscious style and vibe - perhaps it's the association with the Franz Sales Haus (an institute for helping folks with disabilities) that keeps life grounded there. The aesthetics and mood are pleasing both inside and out. The staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and stylish.

It's slightly off the beaten path, but that's the way we like to travel. The cab ride from the central train station cost only 10 Euro and there is a tram stop for getting downtown conveniently located half a block away. The tram system is easy to use and they created an iPhone app in English that made navigating the stops and connections even easier for us. We were there to attend an event at the Convention Center and that was a 30 to 40 minute tram ride (it's about 20 minutes tram ride to downtown).

There is a tasty local German restaurant (Gaststätte Zum Siepenkötter) also just half a block away with no other tourists besides us!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business