See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2016

+ The apartment was a good size for my family. The breakfast buffet was good and free for my kids. We could have easily stayed comfortably for many days in cooler weather. 20 minutes from CentrO Mall/Legoland Discovery Center.

- No A/C is not unusual for Europe but to also not have any fans makes it a bad place to stay if it is warm. It was stuffy in May; I would HATE to be there come June/July.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2015

What an awesome place, hidden away in a quiet street, yet within close proximity to shops, bars and the tram network. We booked last minute and were a little apprehensive as we had fairly low expectations mainly due to the very reasonable price.

What we ended up with was a 2 bedroom apartment which could sleep up to 4 people, well equipped kitchen and superb bathroom with the most amazing shower. The whole place was clean and well furnished and there was even a garden where we sat and enjoyed a drink in the early evening sun.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and accommodating and I can find nothing negative to say about this hotel!! Thank you for having us and we'll be back soon!!

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I and my family were in Essen Germany for two nights to visit relatives. We got this apartment through a relative's recommendation. The place is big but I have some issues. The place had no air conditioner, it was terribly hot at that time of the year and even with the windows open, it was extremely hot. Another issue is that the apartment has only one toilet and bathroom. It was quite hectic in the mornings when everyone wants to go. Aside this, the place is good, clean and in a nice environment.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank WaskyChicago
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed here for 3 weeks. I will start with good things first.
Calm residential neighbourhood, Rooms service people clean up really well!
Despite of the above attributes, 'Terrible' is how I would rate my experience because hospitality happens to be my top priority no matter where I stay. To quote a few incidents,

Day 1: My Laptop wireless doesn't catch a signal. I goto the lady at the reception a few hours after I landed there.
Me - The signal seems really weak in my Room. Can I switch Rooms? ( They have a repeater on each floor's corridor and my room was farthest from it)
Lady - Others are expensive. May be your Laptop is Old (with a straight face).
Me - !?. It is a year old and it primarily depends on your router's ability to broadcast.
Lady - The person next door to your's never complained.

I left and tried placing the repeater in my room as there were no one else living on my floor. Now it worked fine except that the connection freezes every 5 minutes. 3 days passed and I placed it back finding no use.

Day 22: [ She comes to my room sharp at 11am (or whatever their time was), a day earlier than my scheduled check out day and knocks ] I open up.
Lady: The check out is at 11!
Me : (wet out of shower) What? But it is supposed to be tomorrow. Can you check it again?
Lady : (Starts her ranting in loud and shrill voice)
It is Today! YOU go and Check it. (Keeps repeating that non stop not letting me speak further)
Me: Ok give me few mins. I will come to you.
10 min later comes back. Lady : It was my mistake. Entschuldigung .

Objectively speaking, It is far from main station, No discount was given for long stay which every other hotel where I have stayed has offered, 4 levels without a lift, Inhospitable caretakers, central heating did not work!, worthless internet although it is 'free' and consumables weren't replaced.

I clearly wouldn't recommend this place.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank fromthetwilightzone
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as there was little else available due to a busy trade show in Essen.The hotel is situated in a quiet residential area a few kilometres out of town, as I had use of a car this was not a problem and there was the added benefit of easy parking.
My room on the 4th floor, there was no lift, was very clean and comfortable, reasonable size with good bathroom. The room had free internet access but for some reason this timed out after about 10 mins. Breakfast was excellent with a generous selection of food and drink.This would not of been my first choice of hotel due to location, but I would not hesitate to recomend to persons looking for comfortable bed and breakfast accomodation. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2012