See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Based on the reviews that I read, I had high hopes for this place, and it exceeded my expectations. The staff and maintenance of the hotel are exceptional. The photos online do not do it justice. I loved the small details like fresh flowers and candles on the table at the restaurant and in the breakfast rooms. It was evident that attention to detail is paid in the upkeep of the hotel.

I felt so welcome upon arriving, "welcome" drink and chocolate, yes please. I don't speak German and they made sure to send a server my way during the two nights that I ate dinner in the restaurant.

The food was fabulous. I loved the ambiance of their restaurant. Breakfast was great.

The location is about a ten minute walk from the heart of Kettwig. It is less than a five minute walk from an Aldi and Lidl. I went for a run each morning in the countryside towards the village of Mintard.

I stayed for two nights after being in Cologne for business. The stay was just what I needed to relax after a busy week. This is one of the few places that left me with the feeling that I would love to go back someday.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Very good hotel that provides friendly service, good value and an outstanding breakfast. Continues to invest and improve every time we go, this being our third visit. Would benefit from a fridge in the room

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Surprisingly good. Stayed here 2 nights to visit the Xmas markets in the towns Essen and Hattingen. Very clean rooms. Effectively perfect service. Hotel has a fairly large (and popular) restaurant, unfortunately we did not have time to try the menu and a little bar also there the service is excellent. Breakfast is great. If we ever need to stay in Essen again this is where we´ll go.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

The rooms were so much nicer than I expected. They introduce you with a complimentry beer and chocolate to immerse you in their culture. The food was wonderful in their restaurant. I would gladly go back for a longer stay.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

This place was phenomenal! The service was impeccable. The rooms were vast and gorgeous! The food was delicious! So much selection. Wonderful experience. The chocolates at check-in were delicious. Cheers from America!

Date of stay: June 2016