Max Hotel Garni
Hilton Duesseldorf(Dusseldorf)
US$ 100
US$ 91
  • Room Service
Hotel Stadt Munchen(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
  • Bar/Lounge
Courtyard by Marriott Duesseldorf Seestern(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
US$ 108
US$ 89
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Duesseldorf Mitte(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 83
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Dusseldorf - Hafen(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 72
US$ 65
US$ 117
US$ 105
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfree beercoffee machinethe main train stationeggs cooked to ordersmall hotelgreat personal servicefree travelold townindependent hotelminute walksparkling waterwould definitely stay here againstayed for two nightsbeds were comfortableeasy walking distancehotel is excellentresidential area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My wife made our reservations based on Trip Advisor. So I didn't know what to expect.

The hotel is located downtown (just like everyone else has said), and doesn't have a typical hotel front. It is more of a boutique style hotel. Petra met us at the front desk and checked us in, then showed us our rooms. We got two rooms for the four of us, 19 and 20. One was larger than the other (get 20). The rooms were very clean (a nice change from the last hotel I stayed), and the bathrooms were extraordinarily spotless. I wish I could have taken the shower home with me, because it is nicer than the ones I have at home! They were nice and big for European standards. In the bathrooms were cool little first aid kits mounted on the wall with emergency supplies for the bathroom. Nice touch, I thought. On each bed was a little candy the room had great flat screen televisions and wireless internet. The beds were comfortable, and I slept like a rock both nights we were there.
Petra then showed us the main floor where breakfast is served, the coffee machine is available all day, and a refrigerator that is stocked with soda, water and beer (free with your room). There is also a sitting area, were we spent an evening playing backgammon and other games that were available to use.
We then went to park the car. Just go park in a parking garage. I took twenty minutes to find the one three blocks away. This had more to do with me arguing with our GPS than how difficult it was to find. The second day, it took three minutes.
The breakfast was great! Maybe I just love eating, but I couldn't wait for breakfast. The coffee was great, the breads were great, the jams and jellies were great, the meat was good, and the eggs were awesome! We all had hard/soft boiled eggs, and they came in the traditional egg cup holder thingy. I'm a traditional American, and crack the egg by whacking it on something and peel it. However, Petra taught me how to eat like a gentleman. Apparently, there is an egg spoon, and an egg cracking device. This thing makes a perfect circular crack around the top, then you lift the top off and eat the egg. If you don't follow what I'm saying, then make reservations and have Petra show you. It's ingenious.
Petra also gave us the Dusseldorf card, that was for local train, trams and buses. That is nice to have. One night we talked with Petra and discovered the history of the hotel. What an awesome story. I could give it away, but then you'd have nothing to ask Petra when you get there!
We loved it.

Room Tip: room 20 was slightly larger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank 47Driver
Reviewed 15 December 2011

This is a great little boutique hotel (less than 20 rooms) located 3 blocks from the main train station in Duesseldorf. The desk is not always staffed, so if you're arriving at an odd hour, make prior arrangements. Also, there is one flight of stairs up to the rooms, and no elevator, so not wheelchair friendly.

Now for the positives, and there are a lot of them!
The owner, Petra, is very friendly and helpful, with lots of tips on things to do and see and eat.
The breakfast is standard European breakfast, cold meats/cheeses with a variety of breads and cereals and milk/o.j./apple juice.
There is a great cappuccino/espresso machine (free) that is available all day, as well as a small fridge stocked with cokes and water and beer (also free!)
Free wifi in the rooms, and a computer with printer in the hallway
Bonus: you get a pass to ride the public transportation system while you're staying there!
The rooms are small but adequate...I don't really spend a lot of time in the room aside from sleeping, and it's good for that!

Make sure you try her husband's restaurant around the corner, Essbar!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank grad98cofc
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Max Hotel in Dussledorf, what a fantastic Hotel it is lovely and clean I was in a good size single with a medical cabinet which had a new toothbrush and toothpaste etc if you did not bring any, there was free coffee, beer, coke and bottled water, in the dining room area the continental breakfast is very good with fresh fruit cereal, lovely fresh rolls and ham and cheese plus you could have boiled or scambled egg. The young girl who greeted us when we arrived is lovely and so so helpful nothing was too much trouble. When we arrived we was given a 2 day bus pass which you could use any time of day and night we even used it to get back to the airport. If I go back to Dusssledorf I would certainly stay in the Max hotel again.

Room Tip: No problem with any of the rooms we stayed in
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Pauline550
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Just come back from a brilliant 2 days at the Christmas markets. Hotel was excellent all round, great service and helpful owner, clean and great location

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Brightonblu
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Modern style hotel near the shopping center. very very friendly & helpful staff.
wide selection on the breakfast
free internet
so spacious & clean rooms. Extra large balcony not noisy city center
highly recommended. We will come back..................................................................

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple