Hotel Acon
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Max Hotel Garni(Dusseldorf)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Being a railway enthusiast, I found this hotel to be an ideal location for both local tram and distant train travel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, including serving coffee at our early departure time of 2.30 am. The room was spacious, clean and quiet, the beds comfortable, and although we slept on the street side, the double-glazing baffled out the sound of tram and road traffic. The only street disturbance was the honking of horns when Germany won their game in the World Cup - that was just an unfortunate exception! LOL The breakfast was good and more than adequate. Allan - Finland

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Finntrainfan
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I have stayed here few times really helpful staff and clean basic hotel great location 5 mins from train station free wi fi.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2009

We had a team overnighter in Hotel Acon and it was a good hotel,

The staff were friendly and all spoke good english, which saved me making a fool of myself trying to speak German. Rooms varied from a huge apartment, my room, to a smaller less well appointed room. However all were wel equipped and clean.

Some members of the party said their rooms were cold the next day but I put that down to an inability ro work the heating out.

The rooms decor was something out of a cold war spy thriller complete with bakeolite phone which Im sure would go straight through to the Kremlin if you picked it up.

Breakfast was typical european fair, cold meat and cheese and toast etc, not really what you want after a night partying but what the hell.

The only grumble, which I didnt personall have an issue with, was the location the road the hotel is on has a lap dancing club over the road and 4 doors down, and a few sex shops around the corner.

However saying that we walked down that road a couple of times late at night and there was no hassle at all. The upside is its mega close to the centre of Dusseldorf so only about 5 euro after a night out for a cab back.

• Stayed: December 2009
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Free wi-fi internet service and breakfast, close to the main train station and the Altstadt. That's what sold me on this small hotel, and why it's a good deal in Dusseldorf. There are few bargains downtown during a major fair, and this hotel was not cheap, but it was comfortable, convenient and worked fine for an English-speaking traveler. Internet service can be spotty, but it's secure (get the password from the front desk). The immediate neighborhood looks a little rough at first glance, but it's fine. Staff is friendly and accommodating, and available 24 hours - even offered me breakfast when I had to check out at 5:30 a.m. for an early flight.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank 22,302
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Stayed for 6 nights while at a major expo at Messe Duesseldorf. I arrived very early after a sleepless overnight flight and was thrilled and greatful to find a room ready and available to me at 8:30 in the morning. The staff continued to be helpful throughout my stay. Breakfast was included and was quite nice--well beyond the basics with good juice, hot eggs and bacon, nice cheese and ham assortments, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, etc. The location was convenient, very near the main train station, with a streetcar stop as well as quick connections to the airport. The immediate neighorhood was not "kid friendly" with casinos and "nightclubs", but felt perfectly safe. And just to the west were other hotels and several nice restaurants--if you can get in, Da Bruno Italian restaurant was a GREAT little place, with excellent food and moderate prices. I had a quiet room at the back of the hotel on the top (6th) floor. The room was very clean, included FREE internet (rather than the $15-$25/day I've paid at other hotels), and had a double bed even though this was a "single" room. But beyond the bed and desk and a good sized closet, there wasn't really any other space in the bedroom. There was a small separate hallway leading to a tiny, tiny, bathroom, but again it was clean and had everything you need. The whole room looked to be original to the 1960's, even the large, heavy, mint green rotary dial telephone! For a single person, the space was OK, but wouldn't have worked at all for two people. The three large windows we're cheery, thought the general decor was a little sad. I thought it looked like something I would have expected in an old East German hotel. I paid 108 Euros a night, which seemed fair enough given the internet and good breakfast. Right next door to the hotel is a Haman--a Turkish bath. I'd never been to such a place and wasn't too sure about it, but gave it a try and I'm soooo glad I did. The people were all very welcoming, finding an English-speaking (sort of)attendent for me. The experience was great--I'm not used to being pampered, but I could get used to it! I look forward to returning to D-dorf just so I can do this again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business