“A jewel in Düsseldorf”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Went to eat in this restaurant as it was recommended by my friend. And the taste did not disappoint!
We were in luck because there was no long queue when we arrived (about 14:30), as all the reviews said the place is always packed. The service was nice, and most of them also speak English (so no worries!)
I ordered their lunch menu, and got a bowl of ramen with gyoza. The ramen broth was light but tasty, and You could easily finish it. The gyoza was super delicious, one of the best I’ve ever tasted!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 26 June 2018

many people and need to wait when will free some place. wait for what? normal food not grandiose. wasted time

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I love coming here! There is always a queue and you’ll most likely have to wait a bit outside, but it’s so worth it! Friendly staff and amazing food!
The prices are super reasonable. I love the soups on colder days, but my go to is always the Tori Teri don! I would recommend going in a group of maximum 4ppl as it is hard to get a bigger table (as they don’t work with reservations, so then the wait time could be really long). You can pay card, but then tip in cash ;-) love this place!!
Just a tip: they don’t deliver, but you can order and take away

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We have been to Düsseldorf a number of times and eaten at many Japanese restaurants with good ratings but never been to Naniwa so we thought we should try it out since there is constantly a long queue outside the restaurant. With a party of 5 we arrived at the restaurant at 11:30 on Sunday and got a table after 45 mins.

The restaurant is quite spacious as compared to the other Japanese restaurants we went to at Dusseldorf and the ramen portion is big, judging by the table next to us with 2/3 of the ramen leftover!

We however prefer the other popular noodle place where the noodle has more texture and we didn’t have to look for thirst quenching drinks afterwards.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

If you have a party of four, just split yourself into two parties of two. It will be easier to get the seats. Because they are not smart enough to make any arrangements. They get enough customers so they just don’t really care if you have to wait longer. However I’d to say the quality of noodles are not as good as before. I won’t go there again. Not worth it to wait this long.

Date of visit: March 2018