Leonardo Hotel Dusseldorf City Center(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
US$ 78
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Dusseldorf - Hafen(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
US$ 57
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 65/night.

US$ 47
US$ 66
US$ 62
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 75/night.

NH Duesseldorf City Nord(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
US$ 61
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 78/night.

US$ 56
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 63/night.

US$ 94
US$ 89
Trip.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 106/night.

Melia Duesseldorf(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 107
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Novum Hotel Excelsior Duesseldorf(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$ 55
US$ 47
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 59/night.

US$ 308
US$ 263
  • Pool
All reviewscastle ruinsrhine riververy pleasant staybalconynoisetrain
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We arrived at this very scenic hotel late on a Friday. Greeted by a person who couldn't speak even a word of English, I was initially very happy to use my limited German, which I have been learning as my fourth language.
Susan, the owner, greeted us after sometime, and I was unsure why she insisted on having both my and my friend's ages, given that I had been emailing her from work address and that I have a very good, professional job at a very large international company. I also found it rather unnecessary that she insisted on telling us how expensive the keys were and how they often get stolen, a long, boring story that I could have been spared from at 1am in the morning. I was further disappoitned to learn that, after her boring 30 minute speech, Susan hadn't even bothered to organise for our rooms to be made up prior to our arrival. Susan said that she would not be in the hotel in the early morning, but that she would be from midday and the rest of our stay to provide us with further information. However, she never reappeared.
Staff the next morning also spoke no French, nor Swedish nor English, and were unable to provide us with directions of any sort or even point out where the Rhine Tower was on a map of the city (which was not as good as the basic one I had printed off from the internet). We were also not given any travel information regarding airports. I travel every second weekend, and this hotel had by far the most unhelpful, unknowledgeable staff I have ever encountered. A shame as this really ruined our trip. In addition, my fellow guest had a (previously never experienced from her) allergic reaction to the vast amounts of perfumed detergents etc that were filling the room. We tried to speak with the staff about this, but of course, this was to no avail. The reception never answered the phone in the 7 times we called them during our weekend stay. Pillows also cheap and uncomfortable and beds not firm. Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Top level rooms better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank R B
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I visited this hotel for business. The Hotel is nice, the atmosphere is friendly. If you are a big person and need quite some space, note that the bathrooms are rather small not to say too small. Breakfast was Ok, they offer eggs, cereals, bread etc.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelexpert009
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Needing an overnight stay in Dusseldorf for a business trip I was drawn to this hotel by the lack or bad reviews and the relatively low price. I was not disappointed!!

On arrival, even in the wind and rain the grandure of the building is just as it is in the pictures, which in my experience is rarely the case and was a very pleasant surprise.

The reception I got from the night staff was very welcome after a late arrival. I was escorted to my room (also offered porter service which I refused) which on the only negative side (for those with mobility issues) was up three flights of stairs.

The room was finished in contemporary crisp white, exceptionally clean, free wifi, huge modern LCD Tv, drink facilities, complemantry water and tea and coffee making facilities as well as the king size bed I had requested. The bathroom was equally as fresh with a large modern power shower and was complete with robes and comlpemenaty toiletries. Although unable to use it due to the weather my room also had a private balcony overlooking the large garden

Although you could here some noise from other parts of the hotel these really were no worse than any other hotel I have stayed in and I think previous comments about floor tiles are a little picky in fairness.

Next morning breakfast was taken in one of the two rooms and was a standard continental breakfast found throughout Europe. Again, other reviews have nit picked but what do you actually need? I have stayed in hotels at three times the cost with the same breakfast provided. Again the breakfast staff were exceptionally polite and after my poor display of the German language spoke better english than myself.

On check out I had the pleasure of having a conversation with the owner, Susann who was a very charming lady. Not only did she offer to arrange a taxi if mine didn’t turn up she also made me a coffee whilst I waited. How many other hotels has this happened to me………… er none!! That in my book is the difference between commercial hotel chains and real quality customer service.

The hotel may not be a 4* Hiltonesque conference centre with fitness suite or gym but in fairness it doesnt try to be. If you want that then I suggest booking a chain. If you want a warm friendly stay in a very comfortable hotel then Villa Falkenberg is for you.

At only 85 Euros for a very large , exceptionally clean double room, with all the trappings of a higher rated establishment I was very happy with my choice and would definitely go back either for business or pleasure

Room Tip: No: 22 - excellent suite on the top floor with private balcony and large bathroom
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed at the Villa Falkenberg 3 nights during Xmas week while visiting nearby family and had a very enjoyable stay. Our newly renovated suite facing the Rhine river was comfortable, quiet and absolutely clean. The personnel was very friendly and helpful. The owner was there to welcome us almost every day and eager to ensure that all our desires were fulfilled. The quality of the breakfast was impressive with a large variety of quality products served in fine china and silverware. There were fresh flowers in almost all rooms and commons. We commend the dedicated team for the attention to the details and a very well maintained property with a true family atmosphere.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms with a view to the garden/Rhine river
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Villa Falkenberg is located in the North of Düsseldorf on a busy main road. It as a manor house that has been remodelled to a hotel. It has a well tended garden, lies near to the Düsseldorfer fair grounds and Fashion City and 20 minutes from the City Centre, all connected by tramway # 79.
The name hotel is misleading. In fact it is a breakfast pension or “Hotel Garni” which desscribes that only breakfast service is available.
We were proposed a “suite room” which was actually a room under the roof. We did not like the concept of the loft and preferred to stay in a normal room. Room #25 was clean and bright but very tiny, modern equipped, but without a desk. A foldable table was brought which was not ideal at all. Wi-Fi was free and worked well. The rooms are poorly insulated. You can literally hear the neighbour snoring and those giving on the main road are badly affected by raffic noise.
Breakfast is served in the salon room which gives onto the garden. The selection of the breakfast items is good with many quality products. The poor lady serving the breakfast was barely able to attend all the guests.
The hotel with its big garden, good connection to the public transport, is a nice base for tourists visiting Düsseldorf, but probably not ideal for a business trip. Unfortunately no top marks given, due to the outlay of the rooms, the missing desk, insufficient parking space and the absence of a restaurant.

Room Tip: Garden side
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple