All reviews railway station fresh fruit the room was nice great hotel would stay here again visiting dortmund pillows centre game
Reviewed 17 December 2014

When I popped-up in this hotel last week I did not have good feelings about it. The building looks like old DDR remaining in Berlin. The crew is very friendly, and when they hear English spoken, they are even more friendly. The Dortmund itself is not one of these “candy looking like” Bavarian cities so shortly after my arrival I understood that I should not look for an eye comfort, or harmony, but rather practicalities of both - the city and the hotel. Hotel apparently is very practical for short term stay in the heart of the city. Expression "Comfort location” suites both for the way it can be reached by car from the highway, and downtown closeness. Shopping centre is just 50 meter ahead and the main street as well. There is a lift in the hotel. It is a fact, like the fact is that the stairs are much better solution when you are going to reach top floor (it was my case). The doors have the locks that can be locked by your traditional key. It is true that it looks like another “Revenge of Honecker” (after famous plastic car Trabant), but apparently it works smoothly. The bathroom looks a bit like the entrance to the public toilet, but the first impression is replaced (almost immediately) by its cleanliness with the feeling of being safe. The shower must be taken in bathtub and the only protection against the water going on the floor is nice plastic cover which normally, like magnet to the metal, goes around you giving certain protection against the water itself. The service room did not pass window test (it wasn’t clean), but it was the only non-tidy place (maybe except my luggage) in the room. Before I arrived (and booked the room) I requested additional bed for my 4 yo daughter. It was not the problem by the phone. After my arrival I learnt that either I sleep in three persons in my bed or I have the option to leave the place. My night was terrible, not only because my daughter takes usually 1/2 of the space of the bed for herself, but most of all due to the worse mattress I ever tried myself (maybe except the stone floor of Taj Mahal). I almost forgot to say something about comfort access to the TV (nothing but German) with impressive 15 inches screen and amazing choice of local channels (nothing but German). Remote control on the first look seemed to be dead like Zed’s dead, but after using of several secret “keyboard” combinations (including famous ctrl+alt+del) I’ve got the access to secret menu. It released secret channels level including cartoon channel for the children what gave me additional time for new research around. I discovered also that the noise from the street is not stopped by the windows, what might be an issue for the people who like silence while sleeping. Internet is for free and only in the lobby so if you planned to play youtube videos you may be a bit disappointed. Parking was fully packed, and I was informed that it is not a problem (for anybody so also for me shouldn’t be as well) to put my car in one of the city public 24h parkings (closed for Sundays like Alcatraz) or on the street with some extra fee. I arrived on Saturday so Alcatraz for my car wasn’t the option. I chosen option “B” what was the fee 1,5 EUR/hour. Problem started when I discovered that every 1,5 hour I have to “upload” the parking machine with extra coins (no more than 1,5 EUR can be placed inside at once). I also discovered that German parking machines like the Dutch for example devour every single coins on their path. This discovery smoothly harmonised with the advert in shoe shop “Alles muss raus!” I was visiting some time after. What made me to change my bad opinion on the hotel? Hmm - breakfast!. It was the thing!. BREAKFAST UBER ALLES! Everybody liked it! a big variety of choices, tasteful and unlimited (I had 15 yogurts at once and no one from the crew commented this - I heard smth like ya ya ya). With my parking ticket (for one of missing slots of payment for the parking) I left Dortmund towards Dutch border, where everything is better, I guess ;P. Nice trip :)

Room Tip: Take the room on bottom floor (to avoid claustrophobic lift) and from back of the street (I know the view is terrible, but you can close your eyes - read the full text of my review)
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Thank I. N
Reviewed 25 November 2014

This hotel is a modern hotel, with well appointed rooms and public areas right in the centre of the city, withing walking distance of the railway station. My wife and I were there for the Scotland football match and this hotel is perfect for this kind of trip. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was very good, and included in the price. I would be happy to come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2014

Was here with two other friends for the recent Germany Scotland match.

Great location right in the city centre only 5 mins walk to the main shops and pubs. It's also walkable to the Westfalenstadion home of Borussia which is fantastic.

Triple room although small was very comfy and exactly what we needed it for with a nice breakfast in the morning set us up for the day.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and made us feel very welcome indeed.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are in Dortmund for a short stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Nice hotel for a short city break. Local to the shopping centre and main square. The staff were very helpful. The room was average size. Good value for the price. Continental breakfast included. Free Wifi

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Not a bad hotel just basic but functional and for one night it does what it needs to do for anyone looking for a hotel in the very centre of the quiet city of Dortmund then this is a hotel which will meet that requirement without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo