US$ 584
Priceline
US$ 440
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I deliberately waited to write this review. The experience I had at the Triton Hotel was fantastic. I stayed from the 10th of December to when I left on the 28th of December. The room was clean, quiet and had everything you needed. If there was something you needed that was not there, the staff did their best to fulfill your needs. There is a fantastic Restaurant for the evening meal and the food was just divine. Susanne and her staff treat you royally. There was Geter, Axel,and Iona in the Bar and restaurant area. Geter did not speak english but everyone else did and eventually Geter and I communicated to the point, language was not a problem. There was a white haired gentleman that worked the desk and I want to say the name was Steven that brought such a nice air to the business. Very stately and elegant in his manner, he brought a great degree of professionalism to the hotel and the morning breakfast they served in the way he conducted himself. Every person on the staff added to the hotel experience from the young lady that worked the Breakfast buffet, to the young maid who didn't speak english, the cooks, the girls that worked in the bar that I never really got to know to Geter, Axel, and Iona. But it does not stop there. Through my stupidity I locked my self out one night and got back in 5 hours later. I snuck up to my room to get a couple hours sleep and came down about 15 minutes late for breakfast. When I explained to Susanne what I had done wrong, she told me to sit and the next thing I know the owner of the hotel served me a traditional Cologne breakfast that she had cooked herself. Then there was an added bonus to the place and that was the people that came into their bar to spend a little time. Aegon, Stephanie, Paul, the Lady Doctor and so many others. They all knew I was that dumb American but before my visit was over, I felt like one of the family at the place. Especially when I went to say goodbye and Geter came out from the bar, and had to shake my hand before I left and give a hug of friendship. It was truly beyond anything I expected to happen.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Very clean hotel, immediate vicinity of tram station direction of Cologne center (20 min). The staff are friendly and helpful. The area is very much residential and there is not much to explore around it. The breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2016

The way we were met by the man in reception was disgraceful.I am English but my husband is Austrian and completely fluent in German..This man after hearing me saying Good Afternoon must have decided to just be rude and pretend he couldn't understand a word we were saying...Even when my husband spoke in German he was still totally rude and just almost threw the room key at us...Never again.

Room Tip: Parking is for 4 cars or you have to park a long way along the road. Menu choice is average and wine only sold by the glass!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Very homey place! Exceptional cleanliness- did not expect it for a city hotel, but it feels grate to have a relaxing bath. The room was nice, had all extras - good WiFi.
The staff was very polite. Also the breakfast was great!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2015

We stayed for 4 nights on a Christmas market break at the Triton, paying £280 (GBP) for three persons sharing including breakfast. The hotel is located on Aachenerstrasse 8km from the centre easily accessible by tram line 1 (the Bahnstrasse stop is right in front of the hotel) or the S-Bahn S13/19 (a 8 minute walk away) which connects directly to the airport. The area has a good selection of cafes and bars including the hotel bar itself, and the large Rhein Center shopping mall is 8 mins walk away. For football, the FC Köln stadium is 3 stops away on the tram.
The hotel is very nice, the rooms spotlessly clean and well presented, All staff were very friendly and check in/out was very easy. Breakfasts are well worth the 7Euro each day - a typical all you can eat German buffet breakfast. There is reliable free wifi throughout the hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if returning to Cologne.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family