See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 October 2016

Very nice clean hotel and very friendly service! I was late for breakfast (after 10:30) but they arranged a breakfast just for me anyway. The room was clean and quiet. Walking distance from the Messe or concert venue Essigfabrik. Privat parking available behind the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2015

The room was clean enough, although I found a couple of long blonde hair on the pillow, ewww. The toilet is OK, the sink way too small.
The bed is comfy enough, the pillow too soft, and the continental breakfast slightly poor and disappointing. Also I ate some of the bad yogurt and ended up on the toilet for the rest of the afternoon. Not sure it was its fault, but I couldn't pinpoint anything else.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Hotel was great location to the Arena to watch Madonna. Had a large terrace and water pressure was adequate. Will stay here again if it required no longer than 2 nights. Basic hotel that will not disappoint...but it's basic. Nothing fancy, one step up from camping.

Parking in the rear a bit tight, with their 4 parking spots.

Friends room #34 was not clean. Room smelled of toilet and was dusty as hell. Maybe the cleanliness is random?

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2014

Hotel is great for trade shows in Köln as it is walking distance to the fair ground (15 mins) or two stops by tram (5 mins to tram stop). The rooms are pretty basic, bath rooms small, internet is free of charge but fickle. Breakfast is nothing fancy but fills a hole. There is a bar to have a few drinks after a long day and there also is a nice garden. Try to book a room with a balcony. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
The road is very quiet so you get a good night´s sleep here. Köln-Deutz is walking distance with several good restaurants, supermarkets, a drugstore and a post office.
Will come here again for trade shows as the price is right.
Note to the management: Please invest in some coat hangers.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2007

First lets say this is an old hotel....really old. I stayed for 5 nights with 6 people I work with. The hotel lobby is inviting and we drank many a pints at the lobby bar....its quaint and fun. The hotel elevator is the smallest I have ever been in...no joke its the size of a phone booth. My room was exactly like my college dorm room....I mean down to the plastic furniture. Mind you the hotel shows totally different pictures on their website...I have no idea what room that is at the hotel.....but no one in our group stayed in one that remotely looked like it. My bed had a 2 x 4 pice of wood that ran down the middle of it....I think it keeps the very thin bedding from falling through...and you. The shower was a daily laugh for me. I am 6 ft 2" and had to bend over so as to not hit the ceiling with my head....and keep my butt from knocking the shower doors off the hinge.....very amusing.

We ate one night in the attached restaruant....the service was good.....there are better places to eat locally however. The neighborhood is very quiet and you feel safe.....local train transportation is up a few blocks...an easy walk. If your on a budget...this might be the place for you....shorter in height will help you take a shower. Keep in mind as well....two people will not fit in the beds....everyone in our group were in single beds.

Date of stay: March 2007