All reviews perfect budget hotel tram stop cologne city centre very pleasant stay short walk lidl
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We only stopped here one night but liked the hotel to be good value for money. Beware there is no lift if you get a room on the upper floors ( we did!) so you might want to get a room on the ground floor.
The location is nice and quiet but a bit out of way although there is a Greek restaurant and some fast food outlets about 15 mins walk away.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. As a young couple under 25 it was a relief to have a quite hotel where we could really relax. We arrive at 10pm on a Friday night. Reception was closed as it tells you it would be when booking. The codes we received for self check in and opening the doors all worked. You have to pay for your first night by CARD if you are arriving after reception closes. We where unaware of this and it could affect someone who was wanting to pay cash. Our room was as shown in the picture above. All clean. Budget toilet roll and towels as expected. Reception staff are very friendly and help when they can. For example they called a cab for us and gave us advice on train tickets. The young boy on reception speaks good English. There is no noise from other guests or traffic. Train station is a 5 min walk. If you want to go to the cathedral and main other tourists attractions get on the train closest to you when coming from the hotel and get off around neumarket. Trains run hourly on Sunday's. You "pay" on the train for your tickets. If hungry or thirsty there is 5 supermarkets just after the train station not open on Sunday as they have a local market. If you keep walking past all the supermarkets to the end at the lights turn left and you have kfc and McDonald as well as a bar and petrol stations. A cab from the airport to this hotel will cost you €52 would be cheaper to take the trains but you must plan them as its hard to work out at first. For example you need to change 3 times. If you need any more information please ask :) x

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank devonstar12
Reviewed 4 February 2016

This hotel has NO elevator. For a woman who stayed alone, and carried a huge baggage to the second floor, this became my first problem.
The bed was clean and comfortable. The stand alone shower box was also clean and functional. No cigarette smell in the room. The one that was not working is the lamp in the toilet. I think it supposed to be automatically turn on when I closed the door. But it didn't. I went downstairs to ask someone to fix the light, but I rarely see someone in the reception. well ...I just need to open wide the door when using the toilet ....
The train station is only 7 minutes walk. But on the weekend, the train is stop once every 30 minutes. Have to be careful when making time plan to go to the city center on weekend.
The place is very quite. Even it was too quite for me. Again, as a women who stayed alone, walking from the train station to the hotel at 9 pm, could frighten me. All that I could hear was only my shoe steps and the wind blows.
If you forget to buy something for your need (for example tampon) you have to walk 1km to the nearest Aldi. If you hungry in the middle of the night, you can get chocolate bars or a cup of hot soup from vending machine on the ground floor. That's it. Do not expect sandwich or a plate of spaghetti :)) this hotel only serve meal for breakfast.
I took this hotel because of the price. But I don't think I want to stay here anymore.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

Reception has limited hours but check in by the terminal is quite easy.

Room clean enough for what it is. There were a couple of hairs on the bed. The bathroom had a very very strong smell of cigarette smoke. I had to go in and out as quickly as possible.

Quiet location in an industrial area, would not recommend this hotel if you are visiting cologne. For an overnight trip if you have a car, it's ok. Lots of workers use the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Everything from the room to the breakfast is very essential, but that is what look for in a Ibis budget hotel.
The room was very clean but it smelled like smoke even if it was a non smoking room. I think this is to blame to the customers who smoke, because even if everything was clean, there is no way to take that smell of the mattress or the carpet floor.
The price is way cheaper than other hotels so overall I would go back to this hotel

Date of stay: January 2016