1,474 results
All reviewschocolate museumthe riverold towncity centrenice hotelchristmas marketbusiness tripminute walkgood sizemini bartea and coffee making facilitieswithin walking distancemain roadbusy roadcomfortable roomsthe wi firooms are big
Reviewed 13 December 2017

A 3 night stay for the Christmas Markets. The NH is opposite the Chocolate Museum (fabulous café) and the linked Christmas Market (smaller than some but still worth a look around) and about 15 minutes walk from the main market at Heumarket and 20 minutes from the Cathedral.

Rooms spacious and clean. Reception friendly and multi lingual. Beds a little firm for my taste but nothing too extreme. Reasonable shower and good Wifi. Toiletries a little basic but I prefer to bring my own anyway. Good hairdryer.

We didn't try the restaurant but there is a pleasant bar for warming up in after the evening market trips. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LS2
Sebastian K, Manager at NH Koln Altstadt, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! We are really happy that we could meet your expectations and are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards

S. Kuehn

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We booked here for 1 night for 2 rooms.
We arrived at 1pm then the counter said we are welcome to check at 3pm. She asked our names and took our baggage then we left to the market.
We comeback at 9pm after having a dinner and 2 kids sleeping already.
At the counter the night shift lady said- I am sorry sir you arrive late we don’t have any rooms for you. We are full. And in our rules when you don’t confirm until 6pm it’s not valid anymore...and my partner said we were here already but we can’t check in yet. She showed the paper if we fill up there. And I said no because she don’t ask, how the hell should we know.
It’s stuff stupidity, the lady who’s in duty that day I am soo disappointing. You know our name because you asked and you know we have 2 children. Your such a careless .

She refer us to WYNDHAM hotel it’s sister company .
I ask if they have a parking she said yes. But when we arrived at Wyndham they don’t have damm parking or just don’t want to give ... we parked nearby and you know what happens some idiot took the right side mirror. We travel back home 5 hours with no right side mirror..
and Wyndham hotel don’t have a crib . I slept horrible ! Can you imagine sleeping in bed with 8 moths and 3 years old .
Because of your stupidness lady. Do right your job. This not going to happen if you do right .
NH hotel please give an action .
I was so disappointed . I came there to enjoy not to experience such an horrible.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Sebastian K, Manager at NH Koln Altstadt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Hello Aida B,

thank you very much for your detailed report.

I am very sorry that your visit has developed in such a negative way due to individual mistakes in our hotel.

I deeply regret the incidents and hope that you are able to accept our apologies.
We would be delighted if you would contact us for a personal conversation.

Kind regards

S. Kuehn

Reviewed 8 December 2017

My wife and I stayed at the NH for four nights in early December 2017. It's about a mile from the cathedral, so a pleasant stroll along the Rhine gets you to the city centre and the train station in twenty minutes and the chocolate museum is across the road in the old harbour. We got a taxi from station to hotel which cost 8 Euros, but walked the return journey.
The hotel reception is large and welcoming, check-in was very quick and easy and we were in our Superior room in no time. There we found a large bed, a dressing area, a minibar, tea- and coffee-making facilities, a free safe, air conditioning, black-out drapes and free Wi-Fi. The bathroom was large and well-lit with free toiletries and plenty of towels and the shower was simple to operate and effective.
Breakfast was the usual mix of hot and cold food with either fresh tea and coffee from a waiter or a machine from which to get your own.
We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful, always ready with a smile and a greeting and we'd recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable base not far from the centre.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Spent one night at this hotel very comfortable rooms excellent although a little pricey. Situated on the Rhine with one of the Xmas markets across the road. You can also pick up the mini train opposite to visit other markets. Hotel about a 20 minute to the centre of Cologne.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2017

I think this hotel is really value for money. The place is clean and modern, the room rather spacious and quiet. The only problem was that I requested for twin beds and we ended up with a queen. Otherwise, an excellent hotel near two of the christmas markets.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family