See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stayed here for 6 nights for a work-related event. Very much enjoyed it. Location is in a lovely, old suburb of Cologne dating from the mid-17th C. Biking/walking paths lead straight to downtown in one direction or country-side in the other. Approx 20 Euro for a taxi into town. Lots of places to eat within 500 m of the hotel. Staff were outstanding 24 hrs a day and very helpful with all issues or concerns. Room was spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast was solid from a European standards point of view and included a very good selection of fruit, yogurts, cold meats, cheeses and even eggs and bacon. It included nicely set tables with proper linen. A very good deal at 7.50 Euro on top of my room tariff. Decent air conditioning in the room. The laundry service was first rate, and very much appreciated as my bag was delayed by 48 hrs. It was clear that owners, management and staff all take a great deal of pride in their service.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank TrailBlazer758420
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I visited the hotel during the very hot weather during early July 2018. My immediate concern was that my room had no air-con which is a given in most hotels these days. I asked at reception for a room with air-con but was told that the hotel has no such rooms. Also, it is easily the smallest hotel room I have ever been in (and I travel a lot)! Mine was a standard room and I was told that there are bigger rooms.
The lack of air con during the hot summer made it almost impossible to sleep. They did put a fan in the room but frankly that just moved the hot air around.
Whilst the staff were nice and the rooms clean, I struggle to understand the rating system which gives 4 stars to a hotel which has no air con, no pool etc. As a minimum, I hope to be able to sleep and in these temperatures in a small stuffy room, that was impossible.
Breakfast was very basic indeed. Again, having stayed in 4* hotels around the world, I expected more.
The hotel is located well - near the bars/restaurants by the Rhine and round the corner from the high street, so local shops are handy.

Room Tip: Having chosen a standard room, I would suggest upgrading to something better - but I don't know how big the other classes of rooms are.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Great Hotel in Cologne close to river with friendly staff.
Always use as local restaurants good which you can walk to and also very close to Cologne city in Taxi
Would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank XBO17
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Was a little unsure because of mixed reviews but thankfylly enjoyed a 3 night stay in one of their single rooms. It was spotlessly clean and had everything I needed. The whole hotel has a very good vibe, really nice breakfast area with pristine white linen table cloths and nice selection. Can't fault it and will be happy to return.

Stayed: October 2017
3  Thank Winnie B
Angela W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at ATRIUM Rheinhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Mrs. Winnie B,

we thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay in our hotel. It is a pleasure for us to know, that you had a pleasant stay and all was to your full satisfaction ! We would appreciate to welcome you at the next opportunity and wish you all the best, yours ATRIUM Rheinhotel

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel some days ago with flexible trade fair, altough that's what the booking site told me, cancel before 6PM day of arrival.
When cancelling the hotel it was suddenly non refundable. Awkward. Hotel was not really willing to cancel or compensate. They simply told me it was not their fault ot problem.
So I changed plan and I went.
Booked was a regular room, I got however a single room (not booked) with hardly any daylight coming in. No power sockets available close to the bed to charge my phone. No coffe or thea making possibilites. No fridge. And they charged 198€... way to much! A ripp of!
Breakfast was ok, staff more or less.
This was my first stay here, and certainly my last. I spend 75+ nights in hotels per year. Firdt time thid happens to me. Don't want to be treated like this.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Angela W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at ATRIUM Rheinhotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Mr. Hans K.,

we are really surprised about your explanation regarding the handling of your reservation in our hotel.

You have booked a "standard single room" in our hotel through HRS.com. Contrary to your statement, this reservation was not refundable anymore, as the booking period was concerning a fair period. All booking conditions are mentioned directly while selecting the room type and so our clients will be provided with those important information before they can decide to book ! Your assertion, that you made a 6pm booking is definitely not true and can be documented by our hotel at any time.

We are also surprised about your statement: "They simply told me it was not their fault ot problem." This is neither the choice of words we would use, nor the kind of handling with customers our hotel distinguishes itself by.

Finally we would like to mention that the allocated room was on no account different to the reserved room category. You have decided to book a "single room" and not, as claimed, any other room type.

With those "untrue statements" you are implying our company an untrustworthy business and behaviour, which is in no sense justified. The publication of untrue factual claims can damage the reputation of a company and we must assume that this was the intention, as you have threatened us with bad reviews before.

We therefore need to advise you to proof your assertion again and adjust it to fair comments. Please also be informed that we will reserve all rights to initiate further proceedings to protect our good reputation.