“Best Zabaglione ever....”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt-Süd
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Did stop for a quick lunch. The Pizza is too thin and hard for me and I did not enjoy it, BUT I saw, that the neighbor table got a desert, Zabaglione, made fresh with wine and eggs and it looked delicious. I ordered it and was not disappointed. This was the BEST Zabaglione I ever had, congratulations ! The desert compensated the pizza and I left very happy.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Called in here one night fairly near hotel and no booking needed service was good and food was good to but by god the owner could do with cheering up so depressing looking

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Walk from my hotel. Food was good and service was too. Sicilian family business. Good hosts. Garlic/chilli prawns starter we good but did lack a little punch. For main I had veal saltimbocca. Very good and large serving. Vino was also good despite small selection. Limoncello to finish was the best I've had outside of italy.
Good choice if you are over bland fried German food.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We were taking an Europamundo tour for all Germany and spent the night at Cologne. While looking for a place to have a nice dinner we found this small italian restaurant. A sicilian family with more than 40 years in business owns this place. The owners are the ones who cook all the delicious plates, and their two sons take care of the guests. This is a real sicilian restaurant. If you are near by, you should try eat!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Every visit in Cologne, I visit this nice place. Small family restaurant with really delicious meals.
This year I found Spinach Pasta and was amazed. Usually the magnet makes me going there is the Pepper steak.
I love it rare. Red wine - fantastic choice, even when I choose the cheapest one (approx. 20 EUR per bottle).
You can find Italian Peroni beer, which is not better than German Kolsch, but can make you feel the taste of the South.
The waiter is the owner and very nice person. I do recommend to get in conversation with him.
Enjoy your time there!