“Great accommodation on a budget”
Review of Brandenburger Hof

Brandenburger Hof
Ranked #73 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Stayed for one night in whilst driving through Germany. The room cost us €85 which included breakfast and free parking! As the parking alone would have cost us €15 in a parkhaus we thought this was good value. The rooms were large with a large en suite all very clean with a big comfy bed.
We weren't expecting the breakfast to be any good since it was free but it was very extensive mix of cooked meats, cheeses and cereals with bread and fruit.
The location of the hotel is excellent being a short walk from the Dom.
would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaz8282
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I had been considering a hostel for my one night stay by myself in Cologne, but I'm glad I found this place! It was just around the corner from the train station, a very easy walk even if you have a lot of luggage. The price was only slightly higher than I would have paid for a shared room in a hostel. I had a lot of luggage with me and I was thankful for the peace-of-mind of having my own locked hotel room. I opted for the smallest room possible, with a separate toilet and shower down the hall. The shower room was not cramped and I still had plenty of privacy. My bedroom had a comfortable twin bed, a TV, and a private sink and mirror. I was also very impressed at breakfast the next morning, the staff was so friendly and the food offerings were great!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so request a room accordingly. My room faced the street on the second level an...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank fiddlefuego
Reviewed 17 August 2012

As others have said, the staff, all of them. treat you like you are their friends. The hotel is perfect for a weekend, or even longer. The location is excellent, about 5 mins walk from the main station. The hotel is comfortable, the rooms are clean and spacious. The breakfast is of a quality and variety you would expect when staying in a German hotel.

Room Tip: Since there are about 4 floors, if you expect to be carrying a heavy suitcase, I recommend asking fo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Without question, the staff. It was like we (my son and I) were at home. The staff were friendly, courteous, and helpful in every sense of the word. Parking was a little bit of an issue, but again, the staff helped us, and we were able to park while we toured the city even though we had already checked out. In the middle of touring the Cathedral my camera battery died, again, the staff allowed me to charge my battery while we toured the city for another hour, remarkable. Can't say enough about how nice we were treated. Room was small, but comfortable and spotless. Breakfast was first class, spot on German breakfast. Perfect for a father and son on a Germany tour. Loved it. Thanks again!!! Highly recommend this city hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This was a great place to stay while in Koln. Just a few blocks from the train station, very clean rooms (no A/C, but was just fine with open windows), and shared bathrooms. Hotel staff was very nice, we had paid for breakfast when booking the hotel, but ended up needing to leave early than breakfast started, told front desk if there was anyway we could have something arranged for earlier. When we got back to room after checking out the city for the day, there was juice, fruit, and pastries that they had left for us to take with us when we left early in the morning. Very sweet. Highly Recommend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple