I spent a week in Cologne during a trade show and had a great experience during my stay at the Mercure. The rooms were comfortable for a European hotel; there a some rooms with balconies (ask for those). The rooms on the street side could get a little loud weekend nights as Friesenstrasse is full of great bars and restaurants and a hotbed for nightlife. Since it was the summer I left my windows open and could hear the hum of music and revelry which didn’t prevent me from sleeping at all. The breakfast buffet is well stocked and well worth the price. There are a ton of options for food nearby so I didn’t eat dinner at the hotel. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the Dom Cathedral/Centre City. There didn’t seem to be any air conditioning so leaving the windows open during the day/evening was a must during hot days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Cologne from up close: The 4-star Mercure Hotel Köln City Friesenstrasse is located in the heart of the Rhineland city. All 103 rooms have free WIFI. Our CBH-certified hotel is ideal for your meetings with up to 200 people. The four flexible conference rooms are air-conditioned, with WIFI and the latest technology. The hotel is also in an easy-to-reach location. The main train station is 0.6 miles (1 km) away and the airport 11.2 miles (18 km) away. You can park your car in our garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Koeln City Friesenstrasse
- Accor Koeln City Friesenstrasse