All reviews great campsite kept clean and tidy rhine facilities tram river
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped for 3 nights. good location on the banks of the Rhine big well kept site very good toilet and shower facilities.friendly staff. Prices a little bit steep in comparison to other sites I have been too. Wild parakeets flying around the site which is a nice sight. Easy access to Cologne centre on the the tram or the bus.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mhacha
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Cycle touring round Europe, this was my 28th campsite. I was told that there weren't many campsites north of Cologne and as I was heading to Rotterdam I decided to stop on a recommendation. Initially all was good, clean showers, beer garden and view of the Rhine. I had a couple of beers and some food in the beer garden and then went to relax after being told it stopped serving at 9. I returned at 6:30 to find them closing up and was told the much more expensive restaurant was open. This is where the problems started. I went up at 7 and it was quite full so I took a chair awaiting a table. I ordered a beer off a waiter which took 35 mins to arrive. The initial waiter just ignored my order till a second one took it. I still hadn't been seated after 40 mins at which point I said Id leave. I was told the food was being prepared and id get a table. After 45 mins I did get seated for a tiny portion of ok food. This site had potential for being great but failed for not giving correct information and the restaurant had very bad service. So bad, in fact, that I've bothered to write this review.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank 742steve101
Reviewed 20 August 2016

This campsite is well run. Checking in could n't be easier with attentive staff, and costs not too frightening.
Campsite location was good, along the banks of the Rhine, with easy access to public transport for trips to Bonn and Cologne.
Amenities are also good, but for those travelling on a budget there is a Lidl not far away.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Chris1963-10
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

This was our second stay at Camping Berger, we stayed in August for a few days, loved it so much we stayed on an extra 2 nights.
The staff are great, prices very reasonable, facilities are top class and the camping site is just a short spin on the Tram into Cologne.
Looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SiMcC
Reviewed 20 October 2015

Lets get the basics out first - the site is in a great location for Cologne and Bonn, and the single toilet block is a thing of beauty, complete with local radio playing. During our week's visit, all puddles were filled in with gravel to keep the site in good condition. There are large concrete plinths mainly for motorhomes, which are dead level, and very handy. The lack of taps and drains for grey-water might be explained by the fact that the site is on the flood-plain for the rhine?
The ships seem to pass most of the day and night, and we were woken up by a selfish caravanner who liked loud music at 2 am. Not the fault of the site owners, but it spoiled a good night's sleep. I planned to creep out and unplug his power cable, but he stopped just in time!

We had stayed before in 2005, and the site has not changed much in a decade. But most things are good enough. We would be happy to use this for an overnight if passing in the future.

Room Tip: Get there early. The MH's were queueing at 10 am to get in!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family