See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I stayed at Hotel Christina while visiting Spoga exhibition, upon arrival Alexandra was more than helpful, she gave me maps of the city, advice on how to get to the exhibition the next day, what to what not to do, where to eat, shop etc. all proved to be very accurate. My room was VERY clean, it was at the front of the hotel, in the early evening with the window open there was some traffic noise, but in the evening with the window closed it was pretty quiet. The breakfast was good, a variety of of drinks fruit, cakes, bread as well as cooked items. I intend to stay there again when I visit Spoga in 2018.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Upon arrival and seeing the hotel room I was about to check out, it was so plain, no pictures on wall, a single mirror and 2 small twin beds. but I decided to stay and am so glad I did. First off the staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful in a sincere non faked friendliness. The breakfast is AWESOME and worth the price of htre hotel as its included in the price, = full cooked breakfast, continental breakfast, the staff are awesome, after the first day knew to bring me an espresso after my breakfast :) The area itself is a great neibourhood, if you walk about a mile you find great little neibourhood restaurants and bars, totally not touristy and great value for money. I even ended up using the metro to get around. So glad I did not judge this hotel by it's initial impression!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We booked this hotel because there was a fair in the city and all other hotels were fully booked. Reading the other reviews I did not know what to expect however we received a more than friendly welcome, the room was clean and the breakfast was also good.
The room was to the front so a bit loud with the window open. There is no airco in the room.
The next tram stop is about 10 min walking distance

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back of the building
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

I had to plan my trip on the fly and ended up here because almost every other hotel in Cologne was booked due to the fair.

So I decided to go for a relatively inexpensive hotel.

Christina lives up to a promise of a simple, non-sophisticated place to stay.
My room was small, the design was plain (reminded me of my dorm in a German university 10 years ago), the wifi was free, but quite slow, the breakfast did not offer a big choice, but had the minimum must.
The staff was quite helpful and friend, although I didn't manage to get an iron in my room.

If you are not looking for anything fancy and are willing to stay somewhat away from the city center (downtown is a 20-30 minute walk away), then Hotel Christina won't disappoint you.

Try to get a room, which doesn't face road - it's busy and noisy.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank EgorParienko
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

I've experienced a one night stop in this hotel during a show at the messe.
Absolutely essential , in the real meaning of the word. But everything clean, welcoming and professional personnel, comfortable position - suggested if essential is what you are looking for.

Stayed: May 2015