All reviews city centre rail line tram stop excellent hotel singles pushed together business trip good size compared to other hotels check in was easy visiting cologne the hotel staff definitely stay here again booked this hotel public transport nice bar the hotel is clean comfortable rooms
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has so many positives. It is great value and cheaper compared to other hotels in cities, without compromising on quality of the stay or cleanliness. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and our daughter particularly liked arriving to find Haribo on her pillow! The adult beds (2 singles pushed together to make a double) were comfortable and the shower lovely and powerful.

Negatives - There aren’t many and it wouldn’t prevent me from staying here or recommending this to others, but worth mentioning. My husband and I both tried emailing the hotel prior to our stay. I asked for advice on getting around the city and heard nothing back and my husband emailed to ask if a particular room was possible. He didn’t receive a response either and request was not granted anyway. The other issue we had was our daughter’s bed. It was a camp style bed and very creaky, keeping us all awake the first night. The next few nights she shared with us as it was just too noisy for us to put up with again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
AlthoffHotelGroup, Verkaufsleiter at Ameron Koln Hotel Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your Experience with other guests.

We are very glad, that you enjoyed your trip to Cologne and had a good time here.

I am very sorry, that you doesnt get any response from our hotel. That is not our quality claim and be assured that we will take care of it.

Hopefully see you soon in one of our hotels,

Reviewed 10 August 2018

We had a great time last weekend, in part thanks to this hotel: good location even if just outside the city centre, easy access to parking and tram lines. Perfect breakfast and polite, helpful staff constantly busy to make things work for guests.
Want to stay again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the road leading to the main entrance/car park and was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
AlthoffHotelGroup, Verkaufsleiter at Ameron Koln Hotel Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear guest,

thank you, that you choosed us as your hotel for a trip to Cologne.

We are happy, that you enjoyed your stay and the whole team is very happy about your praise.

Hopefully see you soon in Cologne,

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my overnight stay here during a business trip. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The restaurant has a small dinner selection, but the food was good. The spa area was great - super clean, empty, well-maintained and cosy. The gym was good, too. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Jules,

we would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at AMERON Hotel Regent.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit.

Warm regards from Cologne,

Reviewed 4 August 2018

I have stayed at the Ameron Regent again this year. This is a fabulous 4 star hotel. It gets everything right, but then also pays attention to some extra details. The rooms and bathrooms are super clean and very tasteful. From the higher floors you can have a great view of Cologne, I had a view of the cathedral from mine. I appreciated the free coffee maker in my room. Nice touches with regards to breakfast are the great selection of newspapers (even some international ones), the many tea options and even green smoothie!
The hotel also has a very nice spa area in the basement with a Finnish sauna and relaxation area.
This is hands down my favourite hotel in Cologne and one of the nicest 4 star hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Sylvia L
AlthoffHotelGroup, Verwaltungsassistentin at Ameron Koln Hotel Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Sylvia,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit.

Warm regards from Cologne.
Vera van Walsem
Administative Assistant

Reviewed 30 July 2018

A brilliant hotel what a lovely experience from the welcoming friendly staff to the rooms we will defiantly be staying here again.

It is a small tram journey away from the city center so location is also perfect

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank katiejewitt

Dear Katie,

thank you for sharing your experience with other guests.

Hopefully see you soon in one of our hotels.

Best regards from Cologne.
Vera van Walsem