“Great Stay and Excellent Service”
Review of Dom Hotel Koeln

Dom Hotel Koeln
Ranked #92 of 260 Hotels in Cologne
Las Vegas, NV
“Great Stay and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

On a rare weekend off during a business trip I used points and got a corner suite literally on top of the cathedral! Location can not be beat. Old elegance at its best! The staff were great and were able to obtain tickets for a Rhine cruise special event that were added to my room account and delivered directly. They did everything to ensure a most pleasant stay. Breakfast buffet was great and room service quite worthwhile! Being alone on this trip the hotel kept special look out for me to ensure all was well. Much appreciated and will definitely return with my husband in the future. Love the heated floors!!!

Room Tip: Corner suite on 1st floor (huge balcony)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
riccardo_giacometti, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear “sunnystone”,

Thank you very much for spending your weekend off at the Dom Hotel.

We are very happy that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and that you are sharing your experience with others here on tripadvisor.

It was nice having you and we look forward to welcome you soon with your husband.

Warm regards from Cologne,

Riccardo Giacometti
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 22 April 2012

A classy hotel in a great location. The room was clean, comfortable and virtually soundproof, which is good when the cathedral is across the square. Had a couple of leisurely weekend breakfasts in a very nice setting, good selection of food. Special compliments to the staff, particularly the bartenders. Hotel bars are very important to me!

Only thing missing was a gym, I do expect a hotel to have one nowadays.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
riccardo_giacometti, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear “BKCW”,

Thank you very much for your comment and for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. We are always happy to get feedback of our guests and do our best to give them a relaxing break on their journey. I am glad you could enjoy your stay with us.

Especially thanks for your comments about our staff. Be assured that I will share your review with my team.

We would be happy to see you soon again!

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My arrival to this hotel was ok, but already surprised by its aged appearance. The lobby counts looks just like an old building's security desk. The elevator and hallway to the room filled with constructing spots. As a starwood gold member, I was first assigned to a very nice junior suite with a living room and a bedroom. I was pleasantly surprised and happy with what I got even the rest of the hotel appeared to be subpar to other Le Meridens. But the bedroom smelled like a someone has a long smoking night in there before. My wife and I just can't stand that smell and asked front desk to assign us to another room. They kindly assigned me to another room on a different floor. After strolling my luggage to the 2nd room, I was once surprised again by its size. What I ended up was probably the smallest room I've ever gotten from any Le Meridien. Made me felt like I was back in Paris where you get a bed and a desk, and barely any space for luggage. I called the front desk and complained twice, all they told me was both rooms were in the same category and that was the best we got. The hotel was full booked and no upgrade can be granted. they did offer me another room but it is the same size. I was frustrated and disappointed. For 10,000 starwood points, I ended up getting a room that barely have any walking space in a old and torn building. I appreciate the history of the building, but it has to be worthwhile for the price they charge or the starwood points they require. My first room was facing the internal court with the dom view over the opposite building's roof. Second room was facing the side street with direct view of the next building. I just don't feel like I was being treated like a gold starwood member, nor the points spent worth its value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kwongman
Dear “Knowgman”,

Thank you very much for your review. The score you gave us is something in between good and bad. I regret that you did not feel entirely comfortable. Maybe next time you want to book a Deluxe Dom rooms to enjoy fresh, new interior for maximum comfort. It would make us happy to be able to show you that the Dom Hotel is not only that historic building that got up in the years but also delivers a modern and innovative experience with the newly constructed wing of the hotel.

We would be pleased if you would stay at our hotel again at your next visit to Cologne.

With best regards

Canton of Ticino, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

There wasn't nothing particular that was negative.

Also the dinner in the hotel restaurand was superlative.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Kuopio, Finland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We're frequent visitors to Cologne but first time at Le Meridien. Spent 4 nights here over Easter and couldn't have been happier with the hotel: old-time grandeur with stylish Easter decoration in the public areas, highly motivated staff at reception and the restaurant plus good housekeeping, a very pleasant room (235) and an excellent breakfast. The breakfast got very busy on two mornings and we had to eat in a side room, but the service remained efficient and friendly.

Stayed at the Marriott on previous visits and when mentioning this at check-in, the young gentleman smiled and said: "Wir sind besser/we are better". He knew exactly what he was talking about. The Marriott is very good, but if you want to stay spot on by the cathedral and like old-time grandeur, this is your hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple