“Nice alternative!”

Gast und Weinhaus Brungs
Ranked #10 of 2,512 Restaurants in Cologne
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 28
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Weinhaus Brungs has a palpable sense of history. The vaulted basement has remains of the Roman town wall. There are sculptured figures of the pope and emperor in alcoves watching over the locals and tourists as they dine. The home cooking goes down well with a glass Kölsch or any glass of good quality wine. The staff are attentive serving a middle-class clientele who enjoy the delicious food. The restaurant is accommodated in an historic merchant's house which provides a cosy setting with antiques, pointed arches and wood panelling.
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Hidden just off the Alter Markt this place is a really nice alternative! Only popped in for drinks with a fairly large group of friends, the staff were really nice and found us space by pushing a few tables together.

Nice atmosphere and reasonable prices!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I came to place due to the ranking on Trip Advisor.

It was an early dinner - about 5:30. It had been a long day and need to get a good meal then rest

I sat inside and was the only customer. As I was sitting eating a mouse ran under the table in front of me. I grabbed my phone to take a pic because nobody would believe me. By the time I got my phone to take a pic the mouse was gone.

I was in shock paid my meal and left

Also the credit card machine was not working. Lucky I had cash.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Being Italian and a home restaurant owner could be let people think you are kind of picky about other countries food. I am not! So me and my wife decided, during our Christmas market trip, to try a local restaurant! Well.. What to say..Very very good! The waitress was very funny and nice, the food very tasty and interesting!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Had a delicious meal in this restaurant. Very tasty and not too expensive. Well worth a visit. Good German food.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Using tripadvisor recommendations, we found this gem.. great staff and service, authentic and original food. Great choice! Would go back again. Chanterelles were on the seasonal menu.. yummy!!!