“Mixed experiences, so not sure I'd recommend :-(”
Review of Sudhaus

Sudhaus
Ranked #122 of 793 Restaurants in Bonn
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Zentrum
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I visited "Im Sudhaus" twice recently, both times in December, once in the evening & once at lunchtime.
As I'm sure is clear, my first visit was a positive one - the place was full, but the Kellner kindly asked us to wait at the bar & sure enough he found us a table after a short while. The food was hot, tasty & plentiful - and the Kölsch helped seal-the-deal. Service was quite good too, considering how busy the place was (and this was on a Monday). A very nice experience.
This, of course influenced me making a second visit - unfortunately this time it was not a repeat performance: The meal was lukewarm at best & pretty tasteless. Service was energy less & uninspiring. Overall quite a disappointment.
So, taking both of these experiences into account, I would unfortunately not recommend "Im Sudhaus" - there are plenty of other, better, options in Bonn, so save your cash & go elsewhere ... I will be.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

On a recent trip to this city we stumbled upon this gem, well worth a visit. Lovely german food at its best and priced well, we had two amazing pork dishes and water for only E35. Nice location in the city centre near the Christmas Markets. Well worth a visit if you want to sample nice food.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I enjoy the German basic food. I spent a few years in that country at work, I know what can be done at its best what German cooking matters.
4 people for diner. The grilled hind shank (Haxe) was chosen, one mussel provençale (Nordsee !!) and a traditionnal pork ham steak with a cream and mushrooms sauce (Schweine Schnitzel mit Jägersosse).
A plate of sauerkraut came together.
The schnitzel was just bad, the sauce without flavour. A disaster.
The shank was just OK, well cooked, not grilled enough but aceptable.
The mussels, definitely, not to be chosen.
On top of that, the card machine was not working. Of course !! Only cash as in a lot of places in Germany.
Won't come back.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Season vegetables with smoked pork sausage and fried potatoes
Very good

Rhenian braised beef with potato dumplings. Skip it not interesting

Holzfallersteak with fried potatoes nice but not great.

The portions are very large.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Big portions of food - we had just cycled 85 miles and found we could only just finish the portions. Good value, good selection of different beers. Well worth a visit. Waiters couldn't do enough for us, joining tables and bringing English menus.