President Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewshotel is locatedroom servicebusiness tripmotorwayeurosbotanictale24hrsuniversity
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Best XXL Schnitzel that you can find in Bonn (Euro 17.70). Elegant place, highly recommend.
I cannot comment on the hotel, since I did not use it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2011

just got back from staying at the President hotel, its a nice hotel the rooms are of a good size, with plenty of fluffy towels, shower gel, shampoo and even body lotion provided to pamper yourself after spending the day sightseeing. The hotel is on a busy street with lots of cafes, restaurants,bars and shops. A good choice of cereals, breads, yoghurts, cheese, smoked salmon and cold meats was available for breakfast but the eggs, pancakes, bacon and tomatoes were only served luke warm, i did not agree with having to pay extra for coffee but the tea and fruit juices were all included in the breakfast price. The mini bar was expensive especially as there was a netto supermarket just across the road where the same water was only 19 cents as apposed to 3 euros for a 250ml bottle! There is a lovely chinese restaurant on the same side of the hotel just turn left as you walk out of the hotel lobby, the food is excellent but the portion size was huge. The parking was expensive at 12 euros per night but at least the car was secure and undercover.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich-Tracy
Reviewed 11 September 2011

It is difficult to justify to stay at Hilton when the price is double the local hotels. The key point is to find one that is reasonably priced, with a reasonable size room at a convenient location. I believe President Hotel meets the criteria. On most days, the daily rate is around EUR80, including breakfast (unless there is a conference held in Bonn, then all hotels are charging skyrocket rates).
German is not famous for friendly, but the hotel breakfast staffs are very helpful. On one weekend, I overslept and walked into the dinning room 15 minute past the closing time. The staffs almost finished clearing out all breakfast setup. The waiter who provided me with "PG tips" tea bags from his own collection (I found German tea too light to taste) told me the breakfast closed 15 minutes ago. I asked if I can still have my tea. I got the attention of the senior member of the breakfast team, who came to ask me what else do I want, and she will fetch for me. So, I got my breadfast even after closing time.
Of course I remember to get up a little bit earlier the next day!
One more point I want to make is, there is no free internet in most hotels in Germany. President Hotel supports wifi access through Duetsche Telekom, EUR35 for 30 days. Not a bad deal if travel to Germany for extended period. It allows me to use skype (I stayed in an other hotel which provides internet access via another carrier, and it blocked my computer to use skype).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Walk to the city centre in 15 minutes. Parking 12€ per night. Plenty of breakfast options in cafes nearby, even on a Sunday. Rooms are ok but nothing special. No room safes. More 3* than 4*. A comfortable night. The motorway runs underneath the hotel but was not an issue. Friendly staff, very polite and helpful. Our room as £35 for the night on an Expedia special deal.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The hotel, which is very well located in the neighbourhood of Bonn's one of the most beatiful districts, was better than I expected with its clean and stylish rooms and kind staff.
You may easily reach to Bonn's most visited point of interests from the hotel. While the garden is not large, you may discover the outside.
Will prefer my next stay in the President, again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business