“Marvelous & Memorable”

Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Bellingham, Washington
“Marvelous & Memorable”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Another GRAND stay at Kameha. I smartened up this time and took the bus from Bonn, which stops nearly right out front. As soon as he spotted me, the doorman walked down the street to offer a sincere greeting and help me with my bags. Classy. Everyone here is so discreet and kind. I always come away feeling very well cared for and pampered. I never thought of myself as much of a modern design enthusiast, but this place changed my thinking. I always re-watch the designer's video on the TV and catch something different each time. Even though I was in an interior-facing room this time, I learned you can indeed see the Rhine from every room! Amazing.
Some things I love:
the place feels solid and secure - very well built
you can easily open one of the huge windows for fresh air.
excellent, generous bath amenities
everything is clean, comfortable, stylish, and functional
outstanding breakfast buffet with fresh, fruity sparkling wine and interesting juice offerings
well-maintained spa area with infinity pool, saunas, steam room, showers, rest areas, tea, fruit
OK - I like everything, really
A note regarding other reviewer's issues:
Don't be intimidated by the complex lighting controls - just experiment a bit, and you can probably figure it out, or simply dial the 'just 4 you' number, and they will help you.
There is espa hair conditioner in a dispenser in the pool area changing room shower.
The breakfast buffet is not budget, but it is probably the best one out there - worth it.
The hallway color is certainly bold and memorable, but that's the point - why be bland?
I will be back as soon as I can.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank josanpu
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear “josanpu”,

On behalf of the entire KAMEHA – Team I would like to sincerely thank you for your nice feedback.

Our objective is to ensure a comfortable and hassle-free stay characterized by attentive and warm hospitality. We are very happy that we have succeeded our goal and that you enjoyed your stay at the Kameha Grand Bonn.

We hope to see you soon again!

Best regards

Dirk Salzsieder
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Liege, Belgium
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel is easy to find, well located and really to the service of the customerwith nice areas like the spa, the outside heated swimming-pool and the cigar lounge however some points could be improved ... as wifi and parking are on top of the bill.
Furhtermore, even if asked at the checking in which newspapers I would like to get the next day morning and my wish to get an English newspaper, I got a ... German one.
Finally, the take away breakfast is of good quality.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Benoit1980
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear „Benoit1980“,

Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the faux pas with your newspaper. Of course this should not have happened to you!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I wish I had more time to explore. The large open spaces are a welcome change from the average European hotel. The colour explosion in the halls may not be to everyone's taste however the rooms are more subtly decorated. The heated bathroom floor tiles were a welcome surprise plus the option of bath or shower was a welcome one.
My favourite aspect was the breakfast, by far one of the best I've had and the staff were excellent.
As for the negatives, the room lighting was a little confusing as there were so many options with most controls in the bathroom. A colleague also mentioned that the bathroom in the suite had no opaque glass which meant privacy was an issue, particularly as the bar is opposite.
The hotel suggests weekend trips such as spas which might draw me back for a bit of indulgence.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear “Tantea”,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your nice feedback.

We are very happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and that you have especially enjoyed exploring our hotel.

Please find our latest offers for accommodation, culinary experiences and SPA pampering programs on our website. We hope to see you soon again!

athens
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Unexpectedly stylish , an oasis in Bonn where other hotels look like low class B&B(including international chain ones like hilton)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear “DimitrisbAthens”,

We are very pleased you have taken the time to share your impressions on tripadvisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again and remain

with kind regards

London
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have just had another effortlessly, fantastic stay at the Kameha Grand.
Having to travel extensively for work I find that I am leaning on Tripadvisor to help alert me to the best stays. The hotel is not in downtown but on the river with views across the Rhine. The place is gorgeous, with an authentic blend of style and substance. However the real jewels in its crown are the staff. I was impressed by the faultless service which seems to permeate through all areas of the hotel from the front desk to private dining to the spa. Business wise, it’s a great find, spacious suites with free WIFI and handy business centre. The Gym and pool and treatments on offer in the spa were a welcome break after a long day.
The room itself was a spacious, stunning suite with floor to ceiling windows that lent itself to a fantastic view of the Rhine. It had all of the modern comforts you would expect from a 5 star establishment, with mood lighting, flat screen TV and under floor heating a welcome addition as it was -17 on the morning of my departure.
When work brings me back again, I can’t imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear “Bon Bon M”,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you very much for your GRAND review.

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that you are already thinking about your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.