Kameha Grand
US$ 82
  • Pool
Derag Livinghotel Kanzler(Bonn)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
US$ 85
Ibis Bonn(Bonn)
US$ 63
US$ 60
  • Pool
Mercure Hotel Bonn Hardtberg(Bonn)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
US$ 93
US$ 106
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 118/night.

Hilton Bonn Hotel(Bonn)(Great Value!)
US$ 88
Hotel Baden(Bonn)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 105
1,071 results
All reviewsthe riverstage barinfinity poolbusiness hoteljunior suiteamazing hotelfive star hotelrooms are modernbreakfast buffet isspadesignrhineturndownirritationluxurytechnologyatrium
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel is easy to find, well located and really to the service of the customerwith nice areas like the spa, the outside heated swimming-pool and the cigar lounge however some points could be improved ... as wifi and parking are on top of the bill.
Furhtermore, even if asked at the checking in which newspapers I would like to get the next day morning and my wish to get an English newspaper, I got a ... German one.
Finally, the take away breakfast is of good quality.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Benoit1980
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear „Benoit1980“,

Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the faux pas with your newspaper. Of course this should not have happened to you!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I wish I had more time to explore. The large open spaces are a welcome change from the average European hotel. The colour explosion in the halls may not be to everyone's taste however the rooms are more subtly decorated. The heated bathroom floor tiles were a welcome surprise plus the option of bath or shower was a welcome one.
My favourite aspect was the breakfast, by far one of the best I've had and the staff were excellent.
As for the negatives, the room lighting was a little confusing as there were so many options with most controls in the bathroom. A colleague also mentioned that the bathroom in the suite had no opaque glass which meant privacy was an issue, particularly as the bar is opposite.
The hotel suggests weekend trips such as spas which might draw me back for a bit of indulgence.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear “Tantea”,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your nice feedback.

We are very happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and that you have especially enjoyed exploring our hotel.

Please find our latest offers for accommodation, culinary experiences and SPA pampering programs on our website. We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have just had another effortlessly, fantastic stay at the Kameha Grand.
Having to travel extensively for work I find that I am leaning on Tripadvisor to help alert me to the best stays. The hotel is not in downtown but on the river with views across the Rhine. The place is gorgeous, with an authentic blend of style and substance. However the real jewels in its crown are the staff. I was impressed by the faultless service which seems to permeate through all areas of the hotel from the front desk to private dining to the spa. Business wise, it’s a great find, spacious suites with free WIFI and handy business centre. The Gym and pool and treatments on offer in the spa were a welcome break after a long day.
The room itself was a spacious, stunning suite with floor to ceiling windows that lent itself to a fantastic view of the Rhine. It had all of the modern comforts you would expect from a 5 star establishment, with mood lighting, flat screen TV and under floor heating a welcome addition as it was -17 on the morning of my departure.
When work brings me back again, I can’t imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear “Bon Bon M”,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you very much for your GRAND review.

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and that you are already thinking about your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Not downtown location, but beautifully situated on the rivers edge with other modern business buildings around. Hotel has large bar right in the center of the lobby with many small groupings of seating arrangements. The lobby was always busy, but not crowded with people meeting, having drinks etc. Bedroom was small, but fully functional with all the bells and whistles. Shower was walk in, all glass with rainshower head. I loved that there were no visible drains, but the water ran to the edge of the shower or sink and drained. There was a volume control in the bath area so you could turn it up to hear the TV while you were showering. There were at least 6-8 different light switches for all levels of mood. Full bright, ambient, light behind the fabric headboard, floor lighting...Very nice! Separate toilet room, large shampoo, body wash and lotion. (no conditioner- so bring your own) and nice hair dryer plugged into drawer under the sink. I dislike that most european hotel bathrooms don't supply plugs near the mirrors for hair drying! This one was very convenient. There was a turndown service while we were out. We arrived back to the room to find a small matt on each side of the bed with a pair of slippers and fortune cookie. Room had nice flat screen TV, preprogrammed to English for us. The magazines were all English (VERY nice touch!). The rooms run along the side of the hotel. The back of the hotel is a very large, all glass, function room, and the restaurant.

The hallways are all red and black. The doors to each room are red lacquer and passing the card in front of the pad unlocks the door. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows. Our room over looked a business office next door, but a look to the right and you can see all the barges heading up the river. The beds were very comfortable with individual duvets, large fabric headboard and extra pillows. There was a fully stocked mini fridge, coffee maker and umbrella. The restaurant also overlooks the river and we thought it must be beautiful in the nice weather with outdoor bars and sitting areas off the restaurant. The breakfast was excellent offering probably 10 different juices, there were at least a dozen bowls with various breads and pastries. There was an equal selection of cereals, meats, cheeses, fruits. The cook made individual servings of omelets and eggs, which he personally delivered. Bacon, sausage, tomatoes, potatoes, etc. Full breakfast complimented with Prosecco added a nice touch! We wished we could have lingered longer over coffee watching the activity on the river.

We also wished we could have enjoyed the hotel longer, but we only had one night. Next time in Bonn, I will definitely come back to the Kameha Grand!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Resident Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear “Tracyofnorfolk”,

On behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you very much for your nice feedback and for recommending the Kameha Grand Bonn on tripadvisor.

It is very nice to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to experience many comforts - even though it’s been a short stay this time.

It would be a great pleasure for us welcoming you back during your next trip to Bonn. We would love to explain more about our hotel, about the area and also about leisure facilities. Did you know that we have our own bike rental outlet, that we provide one hour free driving experiences with our Audi limousines or that we offer beneficial and relaxing massages in our Kameha SPA?

We hope to see you soon again and remain

with our best regards

Reviewed 27 January 2012

The Kameha Grand is an incredibly cool and funky hotel! I stayed here for one night on business and thoroughly enjoyed it. The reception area is very cool, with fantistic sofas and some great bars. Reception is indeed little high tables manned by very beautiful model-esque receptionists, but I had no trouble working out who was next to be served and I was checked in quickly and efficiently.

My room was big with almost floor to ceiling windows, which I loved! As it was dark when I checked in, I couldn't see the huge building site I was overlooking, but instead watched the twinkling lights of the cars and trains. There are electric blinds which cover the windows, and despite a good look around the room and a browse through the hotel welcome book/guide, I couldn't work out how to put them down. I eventually discovered the controls are with the aircon control panel. There were also some lights in the room I couldn't fathom how to put on - again, they were controlled from the aircon panel (the other lights have switches by the bed).

There was everything I needed in the room - large, flat screen TV (although the only English channel I could find was BBC World), big comfy bed, minibar, little senseo coffe machine, magazines, lovely toileteries. The only thing I could have done with MORE of was free internet - you get one hour free, but after that it is €12 for 24 hours access (although you can have up to three devices using that access).

I ordered room service - the person who took the order was incredibly helpful, and I was promised it would arrive within 30 minutes - in fact it arrived after 20 minutes, complete with a little "oven" keeping my main warm while I ate my starter. Fabulous.

I took a bath and used the lovely bath cavier, although it did turn the water black which was a bit disarming.

I ordered breakfast in my room - there is a choice of about six different mueslis on the breakfast menu, all of which sounded delicious, and they didn't disappoint. Breakfast was delivered in my requested timeslot and amazingly my hot drink was still hot.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely return on my next business trip to Bonn although my two requests to the Manager of the Kameha Grand would be:

1) Please provide unlimited free internet - I expect this in all good 5 star hotels these days.
2) Please add better instructions regarding operating the blinds to the welcome folder

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear “Debzlou”,

We do much appreciate your detailed travelogue and you nice feedback.

I am pleased to discover from your report that you were heaving a comfortable stay and that you were altogether satisfied with goods and services. Of course we have also noted your comments regarding missing instructions operating the blinds as well as the charge for internet access. During your next trip, we will be more than happy to explain all electrical facilities personally. Nevertheless we do understand that an advice in the welcome folder might be also helpful. I am very happy to also inform you that you can also alternatively use free internet at our business point on the ground-floor.
We are awaiting your next visit and remain

with best regards