All reviews aachen city old town air conditioning central location bunk code shower parking germany euro motorway cheese
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We decided to go budget since were sure that a low price does not mean a bad quality and a terrible service, especially in Germany, where everything is about quality. In the morning the nightmare started. Since we had no breakfast included, we just decided to grab a coffee. I went downstairs with my credit card and asked for a coffee, but was told they do not accept cards. I said ok, I will bring some cash, on what they replied that I had to do that immediately. I said we were planning to check out in an hour anyway, so would pay while doing that if ok. The guy said ok, but do that before 1100, otherwise we would be closing the kitchen. Was a very weird arrangement for me, but ok. Grabbed a coffee, went back to the room and started packing. After half an hour we were ready to go, to pay that coffee, to check-out and to leave our bags at the reception since the train was late in the evening, so we had plenty of time to enjoy. Opened the door of the room and saw the corridor full of mess, toilet paper rolling around and towels on the floor in the common area!! A terrible view, never seen any hotel cleaning their rooms this way!!! Anyway, took a while to go through that mess with our luggage before we reached the elevator, which we had to wait a bit for unknown reason. As a result we were downstairs 11:05, being absolutely sure we would pay that coffee, leave our luggage and go. The kitchen area, which is strangely combined with their reception area was locked, THE guy was cleaning inside (no looking German, more eastern face), but since they had glass doors he could perfectly see us standing outside and knocking the door. Complete ignore!! Not even a sign! After a while turned around and started shouting, saying it was closed, go away, I said 11:00! I said do not shout at me, I want to pay, leave the luggage and go. He kept shouting I said to come before 11:00. I was trying to explain but he did not even listen. I said ok, where could we leave our luggage, on what he said he did not care, too late, go away. I was literally shocked. Not letting me pay, neither leaving the luggage he turned around and kept cleaning. I asked for a manager, on which he shouted he was the one, so go away. We had no other choice than to leave and look for a place for our luggage, which was a great luck in Novotel hotel just on the corner, a super polite stuff, whom I explained what happened and they took care of our stuff till the eve. Never go there guys, for them cheap is cheap

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Good central location however rooms are ready for a revamp. Floor very sticky and dusty. Bedding has seen better days, very yellowed. Air conditioning is provided however this didn’t work for the duration. Parking handy in Q park below, 9 euros for 24 hours.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jordan F
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Always consistent, clean and comfortable rooms! Staff is always pleasant. The location of the hotel is convenient, but bustling so there is always noise outside. Sometimes it's hard to sleep with the ambient exterior noise! If you are looking for a comfortable, economical room, the Ibis budget is good!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2018

This Ibis Budget Aachen City Centre is exactly what you expect from it’s name. It’s perfect for a short stay, you can easily reach downtown Aachen in 2 minutes. You do your Check in via the machine in the lobby with your Ibis reservation number. The room itself is small, but this won’t be a problem if you’re travelling with your partner. If you’re travelling with your friend there is no place to change cloths privately after a shower. You can park in the garage underneath the hotel and validate your parking ticket at the reception so you pay €9 euro’s for parking.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple